The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) was founded in 1978 when several regional U.S. school associations joined, becoming a united voice to advance excellence in Christian education. The leaders’ vision was to inspire, challenge, and resource educators and schools. First headquartered in La Habra, California, ACSI moved to an expanded facility in Colorado Springs, Colorado, in 1994. Today, ACSI serves nearly 24,000 schools in more than 100 countries.
As an association we are committed to:
Biblical Fidelity and Prayer
Immerse ourselves in the Holy Scriptures and prayer, both individually and corporately; consistently measure all association actions, programs, and resources against the teachings of the Word of God; and recognize our total dependence on Him.
Biblical Foundation and Focus on Jesus Christ
Serve schools and educators that represent a range of evangelical, Protestant backgrounds; all our schools and educators will hold to the ACSI Statement of Faith.
Members We Serve
Allocate our resources, including time and finances, in such a way as to bring maximum benefit to our members, and respond promptly to constituent needs.
Act with faithfulness and integrity and exercise diligence in program administration, with thoroughness and research-based expertise in the production of resources, and with fiscal accountability, realizing that ACSI ultimately belongs to God and we ultimately answer to Him for all we do with that which He has entrusted to our care.
Diverse Worldwide Constituency
Be authentically international in structure and practice, promoting international, national, and regional organizational leadership for the mutual benefit of all member schools; develop programs, resources, and services with all constituents in mind, utilizing insights learned from colleagues from around the world and evidencing the high value we place on gender, ethnic, age, and cultural differences.
Staff and Their Growth
Establish personnel resource and organizational policies and practices that encourage equitable and competitive wages, support for continuing professional growth, and commitment to collaborative goal setting, accountability, and consistent implementation of evaluation systems.
Influence public policy and public perception that have an impact on Christian schools and the rights of Christian educators everywhere, seek appropriate representation to protect the rights of parents to be free to choose the educational program that in their view best meets the educational and spiritual needs of their children, and work in collaboration with families, churches, governments, and other leaders and organizations to promote school compliance with all applicable laws and to promote the ability of private individuals or groups to establish and support Christian schools without restriction or reservation.
ACSI Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4: 15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His Resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His Ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19), His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God's grace and through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16–19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8–9; Ephesians 2:8–10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28–29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12–13, Galatians 3:26–28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13–14; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19–20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
- We believe that the term marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18–25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7:2–5; Hebrews 13:4).
- We believe that God's command is that there be no sexual intimacy outside of or apart from marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that God wonderfully foreordained and immutably created each person as either male or female in conformity with their biological sex. These two distinct yet complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26–27).
Our Statement of Faith is not exhaustive of all of our beliefs. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, speaks with absolute authority regarding the proper conduct of mankind and is the unchanging foundation for all belief and behavior. The ACSI Board of Directors holds final interpretive authority on biblical meaning and application with regard to faith, doctrine, policy, practice, and discipline.
ACSI Announces Key Changes to Communication and Engagement Staff Structure
As part of its strategic restructuring, Larry Lincoln is appointed as the association’s Chief Communication and Engagement Officer. Also, under Lincoln’s leadership, ACSI is combining the Communication Department, the Care Team (an internal group dedicated to providing outstanding member, customer, and stakeholder support), and marketing functions into the new Office of Communication and Engagement.
The changes are a result of consolidation and redeployment of existing staff brought about by the association’s Strategic Plan and are designed to enhance member experience and create increased alignment with the plan.
Lincoln will focus on telling the story of ACSI and its member schools and advancing the association’s communication to key stakeholders. He will oversee all marketing, communication, and brand management while developing engagement strategies to enhance member experience.
A member of the President’s Advisory Team, Lincoln joined ACSI in 2018 as Director of Communication.
He brings an extensive background in strategic communication, marketing, and engagement to his new role. A 22-year U.S. Air Force veteran, Lincoln served primarily in public affairs and crisis communication management. Upon leaving the military, he served in several senior communication roles, including: Director of Global Communication at the International Bible Society (now known as Biblica); Director of Public Relations for Habitat for Humanity International; and Chief Communication Officer for the Navigators.
Prior to joining ACSI, he served as Director of External Affairs for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency at its largest region in the Southeast, and led strategic communication, outreach, and engagement to more than 60 million stakeholders, and more than 80 members of Congress.
Lincoln has been married to his wife Dyxie for 29 years and together they have three sons.
In a related move, Caitlyn Berman will assume duties as Public and Media Relations Coordinator. In this key role, Berman will coordinate the development and implementation of focused local and global media strategies to elevate the cause of Christian education, the work of the association and its members, and will work closely with the Legal Legislative department to promote advocacy initiatives.
Berman previously provided marketing and communication support for ACSI Professional Development department programs designed to strengthen schools and equip educators. She will begin her new role on November 1, 2020.
ACSI President Dr. Larry Taylor expressed anticipation and confidence in this move’s potential to increase member benefits through a renewed focus on communication and engagement. “Larry is an exceptional communications strategist and leader with a track record of developing and leading high-performing teams that enable organizations to deepen their engagement with stakeholders and drive outcomes,” he said. “I’m confident that both he and Caitlyn will make significant contributions to ACSI and more importantly to our members by telling more of their stories, as well as sharing information about ACSI people and programs to key stakeholders.”
“It’s a tremendous honor to step into this role,” Lincoln said. “I am blessed to work alongside such dedicated staff and leadership and consider it a privilege to support the association and our schools to promote the cause of Christian education. I look forward to expanding opportunities to enhance association visibility and engagement to our members and other key stakeholders.”
Headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colo., ACSI exists to strengthen Christian schools and equip Christian educators worldwide as they prepare students academically and inspire them to become devoted followers of Jesus Christ. ACSI advances excellence in Christian schools by enhancing the professional and personal development of Christian educators and providing vital support functions for Christian schools by offering multiple services including teacher and administrator certification, school accreditation, legal/legislative assistance, and curriculum publishing. Serving more than 25,000 schools in 108 countries, ACSI helps more than 5.5 million students worldwide connect to Christian education.
For more information on the ministry, visit www.ACSI.org or follow on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ACSIUSA or on Twitter at @ACSIUSA.