The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) was founded in 1978 when several regional U.S. school associations joined, becoming a united voice to advance excellence in Christian education. The leaders’ vision was to inspire, challenge, and resource educators and schools. First headquartered in La Habra, California, ACSI moved to an expanded facility in Colorado Springs, Colorado, in 1994. Today, ACSI serves nearly 24,000 schools in more than 100 countries.
As an association we are committed to:
Biblical Fidelity and Prayer
Immerse ourselves in the Holy Scriptures and prayer, both individually and corporately; consistently measure all association actions, programs, and resources against the teachings of the Word of God; and recognize our total dependence on Him.
Biblical Foundation and Focus on Jesus Christ
Serve schools and educators that represent a range of evangelical, Protestant backgrounds; all our schools and educators will hold to the ACSI Statement of Faith.
Members We Serve
Allocate our resources, including time and finances, in such a way as to bring maximum benefit to our members, and respond promptly to constituent needs.
Act with faithfulness and integrity and exercise diligence in program administration, with thoroughness and research-based expertise in the production of resources, and with fiscal accountability, realizing that ACSI ultimately belongs to God and we ultimately answer to Him for all we do with that which He has entrusted to our care.
Diverse Worldwide Constituency
Be authentically international in structure and practice, promoting international, national, and regional organizational leadership for the mutual benefit of all member schools; develop programs, resources, and services with all constituents in mind, utilizing insights learned from colleagues from around the world and evidencing the high value we place on gender, ethnic, age, and cultural differences.
Staff and Their Growth
Establish personnel resource and organizational policies and practices that encourage equitable and competitive wages, support for continuing professional growth, and commitment to collaborative goal setting, accountability, and consistent implementation of evaluation systems.
Influence public policy and public perception that have an impact on Christian schools and the rights of Christian educators everywhere, seek appropriate representation to protect the rights of parents to be free to choose the educational program that in their view best meets the educational and spiritual needs of their children, and work in collaboration with families, churches, governments, and other leaders and organizations to promote school compliance with all applicable laws and to promote the ability of private individuals or groups to establish and support Christian schools without restriction or reservation.
ACSI Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4: 15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His Resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His Ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19), His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God's grace and through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16–19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8–9; Ephesians 2:8–10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28–29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12–13, Galatians 3:26–28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13–14; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19–20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
- We believe that the term marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18–25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7:2–5; Hebrews 13:4).
- We believe that God's command is that there be no sexual intimacy outside of or apart from marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that God wonderfully foreordained and immutably created each person as either male or female in conformity with their biological sex. These two distinct yet complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26–27).
Our Statement of Faith is not exhaustive of all of our beliefs. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, speaks with absolute authority regarding the proper conduct of mankind and is the unchanging foundation for all belief and behavior. The ACSI Board of Directors holds final interpretive authority on biblical meaning and application with regard to faith, doctrine, policy, practice, and discipline.
ACSI Partners with UnifiEd to Offer Christian Schools Resources on Cultural Intelligence
The alliance is aligned with ACSI’s Flourishing Initiative, which defines a flourishing Christian school as a community of students, educators and families that glorifies Christ and excels in knowing Him and making Him known.
ACSI President, Dr. Larry Taylor, believes that a truly thriving Christian community is one that intentionally fosters a culture of Christ-honoring unity.
“As Christians, we are called to disciple all of God’s children to reflect Christ in a culturally diverse world,” he said. “The partnership with UnifiEd will equip our educators so they can do this effectively.”
Leaders from both ministries share a passion for preparing educators to engage culture from an informed, Christ-centered perspective.
Dr. Walter Strickland II, UnifiEd Executive Director, defined the effective pursuit of unity as one that is theologically oriented, data-driven and aptly resourced.
“Cultural intelligence is a prerequisite to reconciliation and a necessity for every ambassador for Christ—despite the demographics of their school,” he said. “Scripture is the source that provides the motivation and methods for our approach to pursuing unity.”
UnifiEd offers a variety of services for Christian educators on the topics of diversity and cultural intelligence, including a professional journal, podcasts and webinars. As stated on the website, UnifiEd content is created by experts including Joel Gaines, who serves as Head of School at The City School in Philadelphia, and Tia Gaines, who serves as English Department Chair and Instructional Coach for Insight PA Cyber Charter School.
Tia Gaines, UnifiEd Director of Educational Strategy, believes these resources are relevant in the current cultural climate.
“Christian schools have more diverse classrooms today than perhaps ever before,” she said. “UnifiEd aims to help leaders integrate biblical principles of justice and unity into school culture and classroom pedagogy.”
In keeping with the goal of providing relevance, resources developed by UnifiEd are derived from real world experiences to inform the content creation process.
“Being a head of school and practitioner actually living out the very things that I write or connect about is a great advantage,” said UnifiEd Director of Leadership Development, Joel Gaines. “Navigating the highs and the lows has definitely informed and directly impacted the content we have at UnifiEd. It’s a joy to connect with other principals, but it’s even more impactful that it’s a part of my ethos—it's very much a part of who I am.”
Taylor is confident that Christians can demonstrate to a watching world what Kingdom-inspired action looks like.
“Our desire for unity is not politically or socially driven, but rather is given to us by God,” he said. “Today’s challenge of racial division allows us to answer the biblical call to cultivate a school environment in which all of God’s children can flourish.”
To learn more about ACSI, visit the website or contact ACSI Care Team by calling (800) 367-0798 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about UnifiEd, visit the website.
Headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colo., ACSI exists to strengthen Christian schools and equip Christian educators worldwide as they prepare students academically and inspire them to become devoted followers of Jesus Christ. ACSI advances excellence in Christian schools by enhancing the professional and personal development of Christian educators and providing vital support functions for Christian schools through multiple services including teacher and administrator certification, school accreditation, legal/legislative assistance, and curriculum publishing. Serving more than 25,000 schools in 108 countries, ACSI helps more than 5.5 million students worldwide connect to Christian education.
Follow ACSI on social channels: Facebook | Twitter | Linkedin | Instagram
UnifiEd: A Center for Hope and Unity aims to equip Christian educators to think cross-culturally about their school’s mission. Their desire is to resource Christian schools to actualize the Ephesians 2:14 reality of the “dividing wall of hostility being torn down.” Through a variety of services, including webinars, podcasts and a professional journal, the ministry seeks to equip every student and Christian educator with the cultural intelligence to navigate a racially, politically and ideologically polarized world. Dr. Walter Strickland II is Executive Director of UnifiEd and is also a speaker at ACSI’s Flourishing Schools Institute.