The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) was founded in 1978 when several regional U.S. school associations joined, becoming a united voice to advance excellence in Christian education. The leaders’ vision was to inspire, challenge, and resource educators and schools. First headquartered in La Habra, California, ACSI moved to an expanded facility in Colorado Springs, Colorado, in 1994. Today, ACSI serves nearly 24,000 schools in more than 100 countries.
As an association we are committed to:
Biblical Fidelity and Prayer
Immerse ourselves in the Holy Scriptures and prayer, both individually and corporately; consistently measure all association actions, programs, and resources against the teachings of the Word of God; and recognize our total dependence on Him.
Biblical Foundation and Focus on Jesus Christ
Serve schools and educators that represent a range of evangelical, Protestant backgrounds; all our schools and educators will hold to the ACSI Statement of Faith.
Members We Serve
Allocate our resources, including time and finances, in such a way as to bring maximum benefit to our members, and respond promptly to constituent needs.
Act with faithfulness and integrity and exercise diligence in program administration, with thoroughness and research-based expertise in the production of resources, and with fiscal accountability, realizing that ACSI ultimately belongs to God and we ultimately answer to Him for all we do with that which He has entrusted to our care.
Diverse Worldwide Constituency
Be authentically international in structure and practice, promoting international, national, and regional organizational leadership for the mutual benefit of all member schools; develop programs, resources, and services with all constituents in mind, utilizing insights learned from colleagues from around the world and evidencing the high value we place on gender, ethnic, age, and cultural differences.
Staff and Their Growth
Establish personnel resource and organizational policies and practices that encourage equitable and competitive wages, support for continuing professional growth, and commitment to collaborative goal setting, accountability, and consistent implementation of evaluation systems.
Influence public policy and public perception that have an impact on Christian schools and the rights of Christian educators everywhere, seek appropriate representation to protect the rights of parents to be free to choose the educational program that in their view best meets the educational and spiritual needs of their children, and work in collaboration with families, churches, governments, and other leaders and organizations to promote school compliance with all applicable laws and to promote the ability of private individuals or groups to establish and support Christian schools without restriction or reservation.
ACSI Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4: 15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His Resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His Ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19), His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God's grace and through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16–19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8–9; Ephesians 2:8–10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28–29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12–13, Galatians 3:26–28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13–14; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19–20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
- We believe that the term marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18–25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7:2–5; Hebrews 13:4).
- We believe that God's command is that there be no sexual intimacy outside of or apart from marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that God wonderfully foreordained and immutably created each person as either male or female in conformity with their biological sex. These two distinct yet complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26–27).
Our Statement of Faith is not exhaustive of all of our beliefs. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, speaks with absolute authority regarding the proper conduct of mankind and is the unchanging foundation for all belief and behavior. The ACSI Board of Directors holds final interpretive authority on biblical meaning and application with regard to faith, doctrine, policy, practice, and discipline.
Purposeful Design Publications Releases New Dr. Alan Pue Book Highlighting the Importance of Christian Schooling and Discipling the Next Generation
“Rethinking Discipleship,” by Dr. Alan Pue, explores the importance of the Christian community in helping youth develop a lifelong relationship with Christ so they can truly flourish.
According to Dr. Larry Taylor, ACSI President, the book’s foundation is aligned with ACSI’s Flourishing Initiative—to cultivate a school culture that glorifies Christ and excels in knowing Him and making Him known.
“‘Rethinking Discipleship’ is a thought-provoking resource uniting parents, ministry leaders and Christian educators to shepherd children’s hearts and weave faith into every aspect of life,” Taylor said.
Throughout the text, Pue shows how the effective journey of discipleship is framed by biblical principles and is supported through the collaborative efforts of home, church and school.
“Readers will embark on a holistic, comprehensive, theologically driven exploration of one of the most significant issues of our time,” Pue said. “Evidence suggests the necessity of Christian schools to establish a firm foundation so that students are set up to have an eternal relationship with Christ.”
Pue has written two other books on Christian schooling that are available on the PDP website, “Rethinking Sustainability” and “Rethinking Strategic Planning.”
The new “Rethinking Discipleship” is available for purchase on the PDP site in digital and softcover format.
To learn more about PDP, please visit the website at purposefuldesign.com or connect with the ACSI Care Team by calling (800) 367-0798 or by emailing email@example.com.
Since the mid-1980s, Purposeful Design Publications (PDP), a division of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), has provided resources and assessments, including academically rigorous textbooks that are intentionally rooted in biblical truth to equip schools and educators with the tools to eternally transform the hearts and minds of children.
Follow PDP on Facebook.
About Dr. Alan Pue:
Dr. Alan Pue has spent a lifetime in Christian schooling as a student, teacher, coach, head of school, pastor, and for five years as Provost of The Master’s College (now University) in Santa Clarita, California. He currently serves as President of The Barnabas Group, Inc. providing strategic/scenario planning, leadership development, and governance training assistance to Christian schools and other faith-based organizations. He has been a featured speaker at hundreds of conferences worldwide and is the author of three books– “Rethinking Sustainability: A Strategic Financial Model for Christian Schools,” “Rethinking Strategic Planning for Christian Schools,” and “Rethinking Discipleship: Why Christian Schooling Matters.” He is also a co-founder of ACSI’s Leadership University.
Learn more about Dr. Pue by visiting The Barnabas Group website.