The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) was founded in 1978 when several regional U.S. school associations joined, becoming a united voice to advance excellence in Christian education. The leaders’ vision was to inspire, challenge, and resource educators and schools. First headquartered in La Habra, California, ACSI moved to an expanded facility in Colorado Springs, Colorado, in 1994. Today, ACSI serves nearly 24,000 schools in more than 100 countries.
As an association we are committed to:
Biblical Fidelity and Prayer
Immerse ourselves in the Holy Scriptures and prayer, both individually and corporately; consistently measure all association actions, programs, and resources against the teachings of the Word of God; and recognize our total dependence on Him.
Biblical Foundation and Focus on Jesus Christ
Serve schools and educators that represent a range of evangelical, Protestant backgrounds; all our schools and educators will hold to the ACSI Statement of Faith.
Members We Serve
Allocate our resources, including time and finances, in such a way as to bring maximum benefit to our members, and respond promptly to constituent needs.
Act with faithfulness and integrity and exercise diligence in program administration, with thoroughness and research-based expertise in the production of resources, and with fiscal accountability, realizing that ACSI ultimately belongs to God and we ultimately answer to Him for all we do with that which He has entrusted to our care.
Diverse Worldwide Constituency
Be authentically international in structure and practice, promoting international, national, and regional organizational leadership for the mutual benefit of all member schools; develop programs, resources, and services with all constituents in mind, utilizing insights learned from colleagues from around the world and evidencing the high value we place on gender, ethnic, age, and cultural differences.
Staff and Their Growth
Establish personnel resource and organizational policies and practices that encourage equitable and competitive wages, support for continuing professional growth, and commitment to collaborative goal setting, accountability, and consistent implementation of evaluation systems.
Influence public policy and public perception that have an impact on Christian schools and the rights of Christian educators everywhere, seek appropriate representation to protect the rights of parents to be free to choose the educational program that in their view best meets the educational and spiritual needs of their children, and work in collaboration with families, churches, governments, and other leaders and organizations to promote school compliance with all applicable laws and to promote the ability of private individuals or groups to establish and support Christian schools without restriction or reservation.
ACSI Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, Hebrews 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19, John 5:24; Romans 3:23; Romans 5:8–9; Ephesians 2:8–10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto resurrection of life, and the lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28–29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12–13, Galatians 3:26–28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19–20, Romans 8:13–14, Ephesians 4:30, Ephesians 5:18).
- We believe that the term marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18–25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7:2–5; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that God’s command is that there be no sexual intimacy outside of or apart from marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that God wonderfully foreordained and immutably created each person as either male or female in conformity with their biological sex. These two distinct yet complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26–27).
Our Statement of Faith is not exhaustive of all of our beliefs. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, speaks with absolute authority regarding the proper conduct of mankind and is the unchanging foundation for all belief and behavior. The ACSI Board of Directors holds final interpretive authority on biblical meaning and application with regard to faith, doctrine, policy, practice, and discipline.
ACSI Receives Generous Grant that will Transform Digital Professional Development Course Offerings for Thousands of Christian Educators
Colorado Springs, Colo. – The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) is glad to embark on an innovative multi-year digital resource project that will completely transform professional development offerings for educators.
This initiative—made possible by a generous grant from the M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust, a private, non-profit foundation based in Washington state—allows association experts to convene, curate and create new courses on an ACSI Learning Management System. New courses will employ best practices in adult learning while maintaining a solid biblical worldview perspective.
ACSI President & CEO Dr. Larry Taylor believes this investment will provide thousands of educators globally with flexible, 24/7 access to hundreds of courses ranging from biblical worldview development to subject-specific strategies.
“The professional development initiative is aligned with our mission as an organization … to strengthen Christian schools and equip Christian educators,” Taylor shared. “We have been prayerful about the direction of our professional development offerings for years now and are so grateful for Murdock Charitable Trust in helping us to provide thousands of educators with the quality resources they need to flourish.”
The association also plans to develop more “PD by Design” course packages—one-day professional development opportunities designed to be facilitated by a school leader with their faculty. This site-based, digitally delivered professional development encourages collaboration amongst colleagues, laying a foundation for continuous professional growth. Each course will include expert presentations, learning activities and discussion topics for optimal engagement.
ACSI Director of Digital Initiatives Sarah Loncar looks forward to the development of additional ACSI educator courses.
“ACSI has a rich history of faculty professional development,” she said. “We have pivoted delivery methods over the years in response to expressed needs. Through this initiative, we are committed to curating valuable course opportunities for educators— Opportunities which inspire and equip them in their areas of influence.”
This effort has been driven by several key data sources. In 2019, ACSI completed extensive research to define the components of truly flourishing schools. These indicators provided the foundation for this initiative, as well as a guide for measuring current resources and developing new ones.
In 2021, ACSI leadership made a strategic decision to provide significant upgrades to its online professional development resource library, ConNexus Premium. After a thorough, comprehensive analysis of differing learning management systems, ACSI entered a formal partnership with the ed tech firm, Campus, to launch ACSI’s new platform for a streamlined library of content taught from a biblical worldview.
Dana Miller, Senior Program Director for Grants at Murdock Trust, looks forward to seeing the great strides this initiative will make in the digital professional development arena.
“ACSI is undertaking an important project that will truly impact Christian education,” Miller said. “By investing in this project, ACSI is investing in teachers, and ultimately in the students who fill our schools. The Murdock Trust is honored to partner with them in making their resources more accessible and effective to the educators on the front lines of our communities.”
Headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, ACSI exists to strengthen Christian schools and equip Christian educators worldwide as they prepare students academically and inspire them to become devoted followers of Jesus Christ. ACSI advances excellence in Christian schools by enhancing the professional and personal development of Christian educators and providing vital support functions for Christian schools through multiple services including teacher and administrator certification, school accreditation, legal/legislative assistance, and curriculum publishing. Serving more than 25,000 schools in 108 countries, ACSI helps more than 5.5 million students worldwide connect to Christian education.
About ACSI PD powered by Campus:
ACSI Professional Development powered by Campus brings on-demand learning to users. Annual subscriptions grant users 500 hours of best practices, inspiration, and experience with dynamic tracking of earned Continuing Education Units (CEUs) through a Virtual Professional Portfolio (VPP). Learn more about ACSI PD powered by Campus by visiting the website at https://www.acsi.org/digital.
About the M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust:
The M. J. Murdock Charitable Trust has been supporting the growth of Pacific Northwest nonprofits since 1975. The trust’s mission is to serve individuals, families and communities across the Pacific Northwest, including Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington, through grantmaking, enrichment programs and convenings that strengthen the region’s educational, social, spiritual, and cultural base in ways that are innovative and sustainable. Investing in transformational ideas, the trust is drawn to pursuits that rebuild and renew, innovate and transform, and strengthen and inspire in service of families and individuals. Learn more about the trust on the website: https://murdocktrust.org/.