Distinguished Christian High School Student Award
Announcing ACSI’s Distinguished Christian High School Student Awards for the 2019-2020 School Year
About the Award Program
The ACSI Distinguished Christian High School Student Award (DCHSS) is an opportunity to honor deserving high school students from ACSI member schools. The DCHSS program recognizes select sophomores, juniors, and seniors for their achievements in Academics, Leadership, Fine Arts, Athletics, and Christian Service.
In addition, DCHSS also provides students with potential communication from ACSI member colleges and universities regarding their programs, as well as scholarship packages and other financial support to enable these students to fulfill God’s calling in their lives.
Please consider the following requirements when deciding which students to nominate:
- A school may nominate up to a total of 20% of the students from each of their Sophomore, Junior, and Senior classes (10th, 11th, and 12th grades). If a school has fewer than 50 students in a class, they may nominate up to ten students from each class for whichever category (or categories) they choose.
- All students may be nominated for an award in all categories.
- For Academics, the student must be maintaining a 3.0 GPA or higher and meeting the school’s graduation requirements.
- For Leadership, the student must be actively involved in some type of community service. You no longer need to list the student’s activity on the form.
- For Fine Arts, the student must be actively participating in school activities such as band, choir, drama, music, art, etc.
- For Athletics, the student must be actively participating in school team/individual sports and/or intramural sports.
- For Christian Service, the student must have a clear Christian service record and Christian testimony and be actively involved in a ministry-related activity. You no longer need to list the student’s activity on the form.
If your school wishes to participate in the DCHSS program, please complete the online nomination form. A separate form must be submitted for each student. All nominations must be submitted by January 31, 2020. Nominations received after the deadline will not be considered.
Schools will receive digital files of the certificates and congratulatory letter to print locally for all students who are nominated for the award. These digital files will be e-mailed during the months of March and April 2020 to the contact person listed on the nomination form.
Letter for Parents
If your school policy does not allow you to disclose home mailing addresses for students, please consider sending the parents of your nominated students a letter requesting permission to release their student’s contact information to our member colleges and universities. This will ensure that potential communication from ACSI member colleges and universities regarding their programs, as well as scholarship packages and other financial support, will reach students directly. You can find a sample letter here.
Please email DCHSS@acsi.org with any questions.
Be sure to take advantage of this benefit of ACSI membership. Please don’t miss this opportunity to encourage your high school students in their pursuit of excellence, for God’s glory (Colossians 3:23-24 and 1 Corinthians 10:31).