Help Christian Schools in Peru
Dear Fellow Educators in Christ,
Our brothers and sisters in Peru need your help.
Heavy rainfall has caused devastating flooding and chaotic conditions in almost half the country. Here are some of the numbers that have been reported so far:
- Over 600,000 people have been affected, including more than 100,000 who have suffered some kind of direct damage
- 75 people are dead
- 20 people are missing
- 263 people are hurt
- Nearly 135,000 homes have been damaged, including 12,000 that have declared unlivable and over 10,000 completely destroyed
Several ACSI schools have also been affected by this disaster, including some schools in areas hit hardest by the floods. While the Peruvian school year usually starts in March, some schools have not been able to open their doors, which means that hundreds of teachers may not be paid.
Will you join ACSI in standing with our fellow Christian educators in their hour of need? Please consider making a donation today.
100% of funds raised will be used to help Christian schools affected by the disaster in Peru. ACSI's Executive Associate in Peru, Oscar Ugarte, will oversee distribution of funds, ensuring that they are used to meet critical needs as they arise in Christian schools.
Would you also join us in lifting up the following prayer requests?
- May God Almighty stop these rains that are bringing destruction to Peru
- Provision of food, medicine, and supplies to the affected areas
- Healing for the thousands of homeless children suffering this tragedy
- Restoration for families who have lost their homes
- That the mobilization of the church be effective in bringing the love and service the country needs
- For the damaged/affected Christian schools, teachers, parents, and students
Thank you in advance for your compassion for your fellow Christian educators.