ACSI Professional Development Forum 2016—Lexington
November 10, 2016 9:00 AM–November 11, 2016 2:30 PM
Lexington Christian Academy, 48 Bartlett Avenue, Lexington, MA
Online, standard registration for the Lexington PD Forum is now closed.
Don't worry, we would still like to save you a seat! Complete and submit the walk-in registration form before you arrive on-site!
Ready to claim your CEUs for participating in the Lexington PD Forum? Submit your CEU claim now!
Dr. Bruce Lockerbie, PAIDEIA
After 35 years of teaching and administering at the collegiate and secondary levels, ending in 1991, D. Bruce Lockerbie now leads a team of consultants called PAIDEIA, Inc., working with schools, colleges, universities, seminaries, as well as churches, helping agencies, and other institutions.
Mr. Jay McTighe, Noted Author & Educator
Jay McTighe brings a wealth of experience developed during a rich and varied career in education. Well known for his work with thinking skills, Jay has coordinated statewide efforts to develop instructional strategies, curriculum models, and assessment procedures for improving the quality of student thinking. In addition to his work at the state level, Jay has experience at the district level in Prince George's County, Maryland, as a classroom teacher, resource specialist, and program coordinator. He also directed a state residential enrichment program for gifted and talented students. Jay is an accomplished author, having co-authored 14 books, including the award-winning and best-selling Understanding by Design series with Grant Wiggins.
Mr. David Kinnaman, Barna Group
David Kinnaman is the author of the bestselling books Good Faith, You Lost Me, and unChristian. He is president of Barna Group, a leading research and communications company that works with churches, nonprofits, and businesses ranging from film studios to financial services. Since 1995, David has directed interviews with nearly one million individuals and overseen hundreds of U.S. and global research studies.
What to Expect:
- Inspiring Keynote Speakers
- Research-based and Engaging Breakout Sessions
- Poster Sessions
- Facilitated Discussion Groups
- Exhibitors for School Resourcing
Schedule: Download Full Program Schedule
November 10, 2016—Theme: Biblical Integration in the Classroom
8:00–9:00 Registration/Visit with Vendors
9:00–10:30 Plenary Session
10:30–11:00 Transition/Visit with Vendors
11:00–12:15 Workshop Session I
12:15–2:15 Lunch/Poster Sessions/Discussion Groups/Vendors
2:30–3:45 Workshop Session II
November 11, 2016—Theme: Curriculum Development in the Christian School
8:00–9:00 Registration/Visit with Vendors
9:00–10:15 Plenary Session
10:15–10:45 Transition/Visit with Vendors
10:45–12:00 Workshop Session III
12:00–1:15 Lunch/Visit with Vendors
1:15–2:15 Closing Latchkey Address
Early Registration (before July 5): $109 (member); $272.50 (non-member)
Standard Registration (July 5 to Oct. 27): $119 (member); $297.50 (non-member)
Walk-in Registration: (Oct. 27 to Event): $159 (member); $397.50 (non-member)
Member registration includes ConNEXUS Premium for one year! (over 500 hours of on-demand virtual professional development)
On-Site Lunch Options/Nearby Restaurants:
Attendees will have the option at the time of registration to purchase lunch for $8.00 with the following choices:
Each boxed lunch will consist of choice of hand fruit, bag of chips, bottled water and a choice of one of the following:
- Curried chicken salad
- Roast beef with boursin cheese and carmelized onions
- Ham and cheese with Dijon mustard
- Vegetarian hummus wrap
If you choose to eat out here are some local options:
Restaurants in the Lexington Center area. Lunch time can be very busy and it is mostly street parking.
- Ixtapa Mexican Grill & Cantina (3.9 miles) · $$ · MexicanHomey stop for Mexican eats, 177 Massachusetts Ave
- Lexx Restaurant (4.0 miles) · AmericanModern, yet warm, American bistro with a varied menu, including vegetarian items, & outdoor seating, 1666 Massachusetts Ave #102
- Royal India Bistro (4.3 miles) · $$ · IndianTandoori specialties, curries & other traditional Indian fare are dished up in a red-hued room, 7 Meriam St
- Nick's Place (4.1 miles) · $$ · PizzaFamily-friendly takeout pizza & sub sandwich counter, specializing in roast beef, 197 Massachusetts Ave
- Daikanyama Japanese Cuisine (4.4 miles) · $$ · JapaneseThis small, unassuming eatery boasts a menu of Japanese entrees, noodle dishes, soups & sushi, 43 Waltham St
- Mario's Italian Restaurant (4.2 miles) · $$ · ItalianLongtime fixture for red-sauce classics, pizzas & subs with a casual atmosphere, 1733 Massachusetts Ave
- Bertucci's (3.4 miles) · $$ · PizzaKid-friendly chain serving classic Italian fare & pizzas, 1777 Massachusetts Ave
- Yangtze River Restaurant (3.1 miles) · $$ · ChineseStraightforward Chinese eatery offering a lunch & dinner buffet, a weekend dim sum brunch & takeout, 25 Depot Square
- Panera Bread (3.7 miles) · $ · SandwichCounter-serve bakery/cafe chain serving sandwiches, salads & more, known for its bread & free WiFi, 1684 Massachusetts Ave
Quality Inn, 440 Bedford Street, Lexington, MA: Phone 781.861.0850, Rate $89.00. Please call hotel directly and reference ACSI (The toll-free number for Choice Hotels will not have record of this booking.)
DoubleTree Boston-Bedford Glen, 44 Middlesex Turnpike, Bedford, MA: Phone 781.275.5500, Rate $136.00. For reservations call 781.276.7523 and use group code ACS. Reservations need to be made no later than October 9, 2016.
Thursday, November 10, 2016, Advancement & Development Personnel are invited to a training featuring Paul Edwards from Gordon College.
- Skills that Support Sustainable Success
Friday, November 11, 2016, School Leaders & Board Members are invited to a training featuring Dr. Bruce Lockerbie from PAIDEIA
- 1996-2016–The State of Christian Schooling Today (based on the revised finding for From Candy Sales to Committed Donors: A Guide to Financing Christian Schools)
Location: Lexington Christian Academy (this is a location change from The Forefront Center)
Time: 9:00 AM–3:00 PM.
Price: $109.00 (includes continuous refreshment breaks and lunch)—Discounted Price Offering!
Registration for these one-day training events is separate from the PD Forum. If you register for one of the one-day events and wish to attend the PD Forum the other day, you are free to do that, at no charge. Please contact the Northeast Regional Office to arrange for that PD Forum registration.
Details about the NW Art Festival
Details about NW National Math League
Sponsored by NE Region—Everyone Welcome—Live Webinar Workshops for Leaders
An annual affirmation of commitment to the school and expected responsibilities as a board member.
A six step strategy for resolving school conflict in accordance with Matthew 18
Questions that should be asked by directors in determining the scope of their responsibilities and how these responsibilities should be fulfilled?
Avoid Walking the Plank, or at Least Reduce the Splash!