Religious Liberties Conference
Join ACSI for this One Day Conference
Speakers from the Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) and three of ACSI’s top governmental and legislative affairs experts will address the issues surfacing from the changing cultural and political environment, and how to protect your ministry during these challenging times.
Tools You Can Use
Be informed on the challenges that stem from the current political and cultural climate, and workshop the tools to address them.
Prepare your school for cultural and sexual battles before they happen, and be ready to address the public relations issues surrounding common conflicts.
Top Legal Minds
Learn from some of the most knowledgeable and connected people on the front lines of today's legal challenges.
Gregory S. Baylor
Gregory S. Baylor serves as senior counsel with Alliance Defending Freedom, where he is the director of the Center for Religious Schools.
Bruce Smith is a media and public relations professional with more than 30 years of experience. She serves as Vice President of Alliance Advancement with Alliance Defending Freedom.
Christiana Holcomb serves as legal counsel for Alliance Defending Freedom, where she is a key member of the Center for Christian Ministries.
George Tryfiates is the ACSI Director for Government Affairs, and serves on the boards of Maryland CAPE and District of Columbia CAPE.
Dr. Tom Cathey
Dr. Tom Cathey is the ACSI Director for Legal Legislative Issues and Assistant to the President, with over 35 years of experience in Christian Education.
Philip Scott is the ACSI Assistant Director for Legal Legislative Issues and serves as ACSI’s In House Counsel.
Schedule (subject to change)
- 8:30 a.m.Registration
- 9:00 a.m.–11:00 a.m.Persuading the Public Opinion: Make “Them” Care—Bruce Smith, ADF
- 11:10 a.m.–12:00 p.m.The Current Assault on Christian Schools—Greg Baylor, ADF
- 12:00–12:40 p.m.Lunch
- 12:50–1:30 p.m.Preventing and Winning Legal Disputes—Christiana Holcomb, ADF
- 1:40–2:20 p.m.Winning in the Legislatures and Agencies—George Tryfiates, ACSI Director of Gov’t Affairs
- 2:30–3:10 p.m.Today’s Cultural Changes and the Christian School: A Legal and Spiritual Look—Dr. Tom Cathey, ACSI, Director of Legal Legislative Issues
- 3:20–4:00 p.m.Panel Discussion: Q and A—All speakers plus Philip Scott, ACSI Asst. Director of Legal Legislative Issues