Fellow International Educator,
Last month we experienced a "happy mistake" with our monthly Snapshot. Instead of just going out to you, our readers in international member schools, it went out to the entire ACSI membership. That means approximately 13,000 people received our newsletter! It has been fun to see some of the responses to the apology message that went out after the mistake was discovered. As far as we can tell, no one minded getting news from the international side of ACSI; in fact, a few asked how they could get on our mailing list regularly! I was personally blessed when an old high school classmate let me know that he leads an ACSI member school in Ohio, and that his school works closely with two national Christian schools in Guatemala! Wow! I had no idea. That was an unexpected blessing.
The apology email that our marketing team sent out also included a line that went something like this, "Now that you have just read about the International School region why not join them in prayer?" This included the link to our latest ACSI Prayer Guide. What a wonderful way to pull in more individuals to pray with and for us. Please take the opportunity to do the same and pray for your sister-schools around the world. And don't forget to submit your prayer requests for inclusion in the Guide.
Speaking of prayer, these words of Paul's have often instructed the way I pray for you: "Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:2–6.
Thank you for writing and letting us know that you read our Snapshot.
Tim Shuman, Regional Director for International School Team
Tim Thompson, Associate Director for International Schools
2017–18 EVENTS COMING UP
Reminder: You are not limited to attending just the events in your region. You are welcome at any ACSI event!
Registration will close soon!
29 April–2 May, 2018
Main Speakers: Jan Dormer, author of What School Leaders Need to Know About English Learners. Dr. Randy Richards, Provost and Chief Academic Officer at Palm Beach Atlantic University
PreField Orientation (PFO)
Help your new staff make the leap to sucessful transition and impact at your school!
24 June–1 July, 2018
PreField Orientation (PFO) is an annual conference for teachers, boarding parents, administrators, and their families headed to international Christian schools. New this year! We are calling all heads of school, HR directors, or recruiters to attend PFO to intentionally invest in your new hires.
21–24 November, 2018
Hilton Petaling Jaya
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Speakers: John Dickson, Axis.org team, and Ashley Fell from McCrindle Associates
11–14 April, 2019
Clarion Congress Hotel
1. NEW and free to schools. Narnian Virtues Character Education. Dr. Mark Pike at Leeds College UK has led a team in the creation of a character education curriculum based upon CS Lewis' Narnia series. It is designed for use with 11–13 year olds. Best of all it's free. Learn more here.
2. Have you read the latest ACSI Blog?
3. Black Forest Academy, located in Kandern, Germany, is seeking a new head of school, on an interim or permanent basis, beginning as early as June 2018. Please see their Opportunity Profile for further information.
4. Did you know that you can place a job opening ad right in the ACSI Christian School Educator? CSE magazine goes out to every ACSI member school across the USA and all of our international schools (over 23,00 schools with a readership of 50,000). This is a great opportunity for you.
5. ACSI Career Center: Please use your complementary eight job postings on the job board. To get your complimentary postings be sure to select the 270-day posting option and the code into the Add Coupon box.
6. In case you missed it, please read the interview I conducted with Tim McGill, Superintendent of Morrison Academy, about Child Safety Protection Network (CSPN). Please see that interview here.