Fellow International Christian Educator,
As I write this Snapshot I am making my way to the final stop on this year's international school job fair at Liberty University. One of the biggest needs our international schools have is recruiting qualified teachers and staff to join their teams. We have been working hard to create a new approach to our job fairs in the future by establishing an annual series of strong "anchor stops" that we will return to year after year. So far, we have initial agreements with three-large US colleges to host our fairs. One in the west (Grand Canyon University), one in the south (Baylor University), and one in the east (Liberty University). By establishing these regular stops we will be able to deepen relationships and make improvements year after year. We also intend to add in other stops at smaller colleges along the way.
When I was involved in teacher recruitment as head of school, there were two factors that seemed as important as all of our other marketing and recruiting effort— word of mouth and prayer. These two factors are ways that YOU too can be part of the staff recruitment efforts at your school: pass on the needs and openings among your personal network of friends and churches, and then pray that the Lord will provide the right people to join your team. Did you know that the day you arrived on campus at your new assignment that you were the answer to many prayers? Think about that for a moment. Your appointment at your international Christian school is not by accident, it is divinely directed. Thank you for your partnership in the gospel wherever you serve around the world.
"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now." Phil 1:3–5
Grace and peace upon you.
Tim Shuman, Regional Director, International Schools
Tim Thompson, Associate Regional Director
- LAST CALL for ICEC Asia: We are pleased to be able to show the new movie, "For the Love of God" at ICEC hosted by John Dickson. Watch the trailer here.
- Global Christian School Leaders Summit: This summit, designed for school leaders, will be held in January 2019 in San Antonio, TX. We are anticipating a sizable international delegation at this event.
- ICEC Europe: Please consider joining us in beautiful Prague CZ to enjoy three days of professional challenge, spiritual encouragement, and networking with fellow educators in 11–14 April 2019. Keynote speakers include Dr. David I. Smith, AXIS team, Dr. Don Lichi and more. The conference will be held in the modern Clarion Congress Center.
- PFO 2019: Dates for ACSI PreField Orientation 2019 are 25 June to 4 July 2019. We are offering free registration for one key leader from each school in 2019. It's not too early to plan to send your 2019–2020 hires to PFO. Visit the PFO webpage to learn how PFO make a difference in your staff retention.
- Many of you know my Unstringing the Bow story. Allan Long, a Christian school leader in Australia, has graciously shared his own similar story about maintaining life balance in school leadership entitled, "Life Balance: Carried on the Shoulders of the Shepherd." Thank you Allan!
- Gap-Year Opp: Guidance Counselors and others, please take note of this unique gap-year opportunity for your new graduates.
- ACSI Communities: Have you taken advantage of ACSI's new Community platform? Please have a visit and join in the conversation with Christian educators around the globe.
- Boarding Community: If you are in boarding, we just established a Community for staff in Boarding. This is currently a closed group - write to me if you want to be included.
- A free Biblical Integration Summit (not ACSI) came to our attention just this week: Learn more here.
- Free, customized training is available to help you and your school understand your school's testing scores, how to analyze data, and how to use that data in helping you meet accreditation standards. Please reach out to coordinator to schedule your remote training.
- Webinars! Check out six new, live ACSI webinars, three in instructional leadership and three in operational leadership. You can join the webinars live as scheduled or stream it at your location for up to two weeks after the live session. Free to ACSI members!
- Online PCE Course: Looking for a new way to meet the ACSI Philosophy of Christian Education requirement? Consider joining one of eight dynamic, online courses led by the team at ACSI Europe. All courses are conducted in English with a real instructor and fellow learners from around the world.
- FTLOG resource: Worldview teachers, Bible teachers, and chaplains please check out the new resources (videos and four teacher session guides) available at the Centre for Public Christianity as part of the new documentary For the Love of God.
- Consider joining the EuroTCK Conference in Germany, May 2019.
- Have you read the latest ACSI Blog post?
- Join us in prayer for other international schools. Download the monthly ACSI Global Prayer Guide