Fellow International Christian Educator,
Every June for about three decades now, Pre-Field Orientation has prepared and sent out thousands of new appointees to international Christian schools around the world. A feature of that training is a four-part Bible study from the book of 1 Peter. The words of chapter 1, verses 1–2, form the basis of the first study.
Our Living Hope
Vs1–2, From Peter, an apostle of Jesus the Anointed One, to the chosen ones who have been scattered abroad like "seed" into the nations living as refugees, to those living in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, and throughout the Roman provinces of Asia and Bithynia. You are not forgotten, for you have been chosen and destined by Father God. The Holy Spirit has set you apart to be God's holy ones, obedienct followers of Jesus Christ who have been gloriously sprinkled with his blood. May God's delightful grace and peace cascade over you many times over! (The Passion Translation)
Peter was writing to refugees in his letter, but there are clear parallels to youwho have been "scattered abroad" as expatriates. Note the tremendous words of verse 2 that begin with "You are not forgotten...!" Did you catch that? YOU are not forgotten. In fact, you have been chosen and destined by Father God. You are set apart to be God's holy ones, obedient followers of Jesus. No matter what your passport says you are actually a citizen of God's Kingdom.
As you begin this new year in your classroom, your dorm hall, or your school office, never forget Peter's last sentence in the verses above, "May God's delightful grace and peace cascade over you many times over!"
Grace and peace upon you.
Tim Shuman, Regional Director, International Schools
Tim Thompson, Associate Regional Director
- Sign up now for the International Job Fair. 22–30 October 2018. This year the international job fair includes a stop at the "Fire Up Student Teacher Conference" in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Fire Up is an annual conference for student teachers put on by a consortium of colleges drawing up to 250 student teachers every year.
Our job fair will include a special offer this year. Between stops at Cedarville University and Liberty University, Grand Canyon University is willing to fly you out to their campus in Phoenix AZ for a preview day (not a recruiting stop*) all expenses paid. Please contact Nancy Voyles for the invitation from GCU.
*GCU will be included in our job fair next year.
- Registration is still open for ICEC Asia. Please join us at the beautiful Hilton Petaling Jaya in Kuala Lumpur, MY in November 2018. All participants will get 12-month access to Premium, ACSI online learning community. This conference includes a pre-conference called Summit on Biblical Instruction and Spiritual Formation practices (See your invitation here).
- Global Christian School Leaders Summit. This summit, designed for school leaders, will be held in January 2019 in San Antonio, TX. We are anticipating a sizable international delegation at this event.
- ICEC Europe. Please consider joining us in beautiful Prague CZ to enjoy three days of professional challenge, spiritual encouragement, and networking with fellow educators in April 2019. Keynote speakers include Dr. David I. Smith, AXIS team, Dr. Don Lichi and more. The conference will be held in the modern Clarion Congress Center that happens to be on a tube stop. Click on the event webpage for emerging details.
- PFO 2019. Preliminary dates are 25 June to 4 July 2019 (to be confirmed). PreField Orientation can be a critical piece of your staff recruitment strategy. We believe so much in the positive impact of PFO on new hire's successful transition that we are offering free registration for one key leader from each school that sends participants to the program in 2019. It's not too early to plan to send your newest 2019/2020 hires to PFO. Visit the PFO 2018 webpage to get learn all about the PFO difference.
As always, you are not limited to attend events in your region. Please join us. We look forward to seeing you somewhere in the world.