Fellow International Christian Educator,
God is blessing the work of Christian schooling around the world and you and I are blessed to be a part of it. I have a question for you: are you aware of the nearest other Christian school in the city, region or nation where you live and work? There is a chance that school is a "national school"—a Christian school providing Christian education for the local population, in their language, and probably using their national curriculum as a guide. Such schools are popping up all over the world, especially in emerging and third world nations, and many of them need help strengthening their school programs and their teachers' practice.
Would you take a moment and visit ACSI's Paths to School Improvement (PSI) program to see what we are doing to help these national schools? And then would you take a moment to consider supporting the PSI project? Your sister-international school, Kigali International Community School (KICS), has recently put up a $10,000 USD matching challenge grant to our community of international schools. Would you prayerfully considering join in with KICS to help keep PSI going strong?
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (Rom. 12:12, NIV)
There is still time to register for ICEC Prague this 11-14 April. We are calling all Christian school counselors (emphasis on mental health) and member care people to attend a one-day pre-conference Counselor's Summit. We will also feature the third Summit for Bible Instruction and Spiritual Formation in the international Christian school at ICEC. If you missed the Bible Summit in Malaysia, please join us in Prague. ICEC Keynote speakers include Dr. David I. Smith, AXIS team, Dr. Don Lichi, and more.
This June we are offering free registration to one key leader from each school that send their incoming staff to PreField Orientation this 25 June to 4 July 2019. Our PFO promise is, "Participants who attend PFO will start their new assignment overseas with more confidence, transition more successfully, work with TCKs more effectively, and potentially stay longer at their international schools."
Job Fair 2019 —Save the dates!
Dates are confirmed as follows: Grand Canyon University: October 22; Liberty University: October 24; Baylor University: October 29.
Stay tuned for more details on registration and logistics.
* Have you ever considered upgrading your teaching certification to be IB (International Baccalaureate) certified? Why not do that with a Christian college, Bethel University?
* With the International Baccalaureate Certificate in Teaching and Learning from Bethel University, you'll deepen your knowledge of the curriculum, pedagogy, assessment, and implantation of IB programs. Bethel's IB program is a fully-online, stand-alone, 10-credit certificate program that's offered multiple times each year and can be completed in as few as 20 weeks. Additionally, graduates are eligible to earn IB certification and may opt to apply the credits earned in the IB certificate program to Bethel's fully online M.A. in K-12 Education. Apply at edu/graduate/IB.
* Check out these remote PD opportunities from worldviewmatters.com
* Few things can be more effective in learning how to teach from a biblical perspective than private, 1-on-1 coaching for designing specific lesson plans to be used with students. For a limited time, teachers may now spend 30 minutes, 1-on-1, with Dr. Christian Overman, developing a biblically-informed lesson plan, using video conferencing, anywhere in the world, for a reasonable fee. For the details click here.
* Teacher in-service training using live video streaming allows Christian schools to avail themselves of this service without having to pay for a speaker's travel costs and accommodations. This can be a significant savings! Dr. Christian Overman, Director of Worldview Matters, now provides online video streaming in-service training at a reasonable rate, anywhere in the world. For details click here.
* Do any of you have students are you considering ministry? Check out Reach Training Institute. RTI works hard to produce ministry graduates who are debt-free!
* ACSI Communities. Have you taken advantage of ACSI's new Community platform? Please have a visit and join in the conversation with Christian educators around the globe.
* Online PofCE Course. Looking for a new way to meet the ACSI Philosophy of Christian Education requirement? Consider joining one of eight dynamic, online courses led by the team at ACSI Europe. All courses are conducted in English with a real instructor and fellow learners from around the world.
*NICS (Network of International Christian Schools) is conducting their annual Missions and Career Expo on 23 February 2019. Learn more.