Educator Professional Liability Program
EPLP—ACSI's Educator Professional Liability Program
Protect your integrity and finances!
When you've been served with a professional liability lawsuit, we can help:
Professional Liability Lawsuit with ACSI's EPLP (total cost—$99 EPLP fee):
- Personal liability for judgments covered up to $2 million
- Defense costs covered up to $25,000
- Lost wages and other case-related expenses covered up to $25,000
Professional Liability Lawsuit without ACSI's EPLP (total cost—potentially tens of thousands of dollars):
- Come up with bail bond money.
- Hire a defense attorney.
- Could there be punitive damages?
- What about my lost wages?
- How can I properly carefor those who depend on me while all of this is going on?
- What about my certification?
- How can I afford mental health counseling to help me cope with this issue?
- Will I lose my home to pay for a judgment against me?
ACSI's Educator Professional Liability Program (EPLP) can save you thousands of dollars!
ACSI now offers professional liability coverage for administrators and teachers in member schools. For a small fee of $99 per year, you can be covered up to $2 million. General liability insurance does not usually cover individual teachers and administrators, but this policy, underwritten by Cincinnati Insurance Company, covers all of the following:
Part A: Professional Liability
Each professional incident limit: $1,000,000
Professional incident annual limit: $2,000,000
Bail bond limit: $1,000
Part B: Defense Costs Only Coverages
Defense costs only annual limit: $25,000
- Criminal action limit: $10,000
- Professional rights limit: $2,500
- Certification limit: $2,500
- Civil rights limit: $25,000
- Sexual misconduct/molestation limit: $10,000
- Private instruction limit: $1,000
- Non-monetary defense damage limit: $5,000
Part C: Identity Recovery Coverage
Lost wages and child/elder care expense sub-limit: $5,000
Maximum per day: $250
Mental health counseling sublimit: $1,000
Expense reimbursement insured annual limit: $25,000
Identity recovery coverage deductible: $250 (Deductible is per enrollee and applies to expense reimbursement, lost wages and child/elder care expenses sublimit, and mental health counseling sub-limit.)
Part D: Personal Property
Personal property damage each claim limit: $500
Personal property damage annual limit: $500