6. Finance, Insurance, and IRS
ACSI Articles and Forms
- see subtopic School Development Issues under Resource Category #7 Operational Issues
- Gift Acceptance Policies
- Love Gifts and Benevolent Assistance
- Affordable Care Act and the Christian School - ACSI Resource Packet
- School Scrip Programs - Part I
- School Scrip Programs - Part II
- Scrip Funding Revisited
- Parent Incentive Programs
- Tuition Payments: Can They Be Disguised?
- Parent Bankruptcies and Your School
- Charitable Gift Receipts for Donations
- Untangling the Audit Confusion
- IRS Tax Guide for Churches and Religious Organizations
- Sarbanes-Oxley Revisited
- Does Your School Need ASCI's Legal Defense Reimbursement Program?
- Holding Student Records for Non-Payment
- Document Retention and Destruction Policy
- Today's John Hancock
- Are You Ready for an I-9 Audit?
- Handling Related Party Transactions with Integrity
- Can a School Pension Plan Qualify as a "Church Plan"?
- Directors and Officers Insurance: Why Your School Can't Afford to Be Without It
- Electronic Signatures: Are They Legal?
- Student Financial Aid Policy Considerations
- Give Generously, Keep It Legal
- How Can Tuition Discounts for Teachers' Children be Made a Tax-Free Benefit?
- Your School Must Meet Several IRS Nondiscrimination Requirements to Keep Its Tax Exemption
- May a Student's Records be Withheld for Nonpayment?
- School Tuition Discounts and Bartering
- Tax Court: No Mercy for Donors with Inadequate Receipts
- Providing Tax-Free Tuition Discounts for School Employees
- Five Important Considerations When Leasing School Facilities
Other Helpful Resources
- Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability: ECFA provides accreditation to leading Christian nonprofit organizations that faithfully demonstrate compliance with established standards for financial accountability, transparency, fundraising, and board governance.
Please contact us with Helpful Resource suggestions.
Notice: These articles are designed to provide accurate and authoritative information in regard to the subject matter covered. They have been provided to member schools with the understanding that ACSI is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting, tax, or other professional service. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional person should be sought. Laws vary by jurisdiction and the specific application of laws to particular facts requires the advice of an attorney.