7. Operational Issues
ACSI Articles and Forms
- see Resource Category #10 Health Issues
- The Matthew 18 Principle for Solving School Problems
- Child Abuse Law and Mandatory Reporting Procedures
- Copying Material in Educational Institutions: Plagiarism and the Copyright Act
- Foreign Exchange Students—The Legal Process
- "Friendly" Fire: Custody Battles and School
- Holding Student Records for Nonpayment
- How Can We Deal With Gay Parents?
- How Long Should Our School Keep Student Records?
- Your School Must Meet Several IRS Nondiscrimination Requirements to Keep Its Tax Exemption
- Permission to Photograph or Videotape Students
- Permission to Use Student Photographs
- Reporting Suspected Child Abuse
- School Liability in Student Counseling Situations
- Tape Recordings - Part I
- Tape Recordings - Part II
- Vendor Contracts: Be Careful Before you Sign on the Dotted Line
- What's Your Backup Plan?
Social Networking and Policies
- See Resource Category #4 Student Issues
- Twitter Sample Policy for Employees
- E-Mail Privacy at Work
- Online Social Networking
- Social Media - Definitions and Facts
- Social Networking Friend or Foe
- Sample Social Networking Guidelines
- Sample Social Network Participation Rules
- Sample Policy for Internet Posting Rules
- Sample Internet and Email Policies
- Sexting and the Christian School Student
- Employees and Social Networks
Fundraising and Development Policies
- See Resource Category #6 Finance, Insurance and IRS
- Introduction to School Development and Fundraising
- Biblical Principals for Stewardship and Fundraising
- ECFA's Seven Standards of Responsible Stewardship
- Code of Ethical Principals for Fundraisers
- Fund Development Resources
- Fundraising Rules for Short Term Trips
- Typical Responsibilities for a School's Development Department
- Is Sustainable, Mission-Focused Funding Possible for your School?
- One-Stop Federal Funding
- Development Policies and Procedures
- The Donor Bill of Rights
- Fund Raising: Percentage Compensation for Fund-Raisers
- Federal Requirements for Tax-Deductible Contributions
- Gift-Acceptance Policies
Other Helpful Resources
- State Regulation of Private Schools: The U.S. Department of Education keeps a catalog of state-reported laws and regulations of private education for each state. You will find a 2009 version including all 50 states and an interactive U.S. map where updates are being made on a regular basis.
Please contact us with Helpful Resource suggestions.
Notice: These articles are designed to provide accurate and authoritative information in regard to the subject matter covered. They have been provided to member schools with the understanding that ACSI is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting, tax, or other professional service. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional person should be sought. Laws vary by jurisdiction and the specific application of laws to particular facts requires the advice of an attorney.