ACSI is at the forefront of advocating a space for Christian Education. ACSI regularly submits formal communications to policymakers, elected officials and courts which address various concerns and legislation affecting religious education, nonprofits and religious freedom. We partner with like-minded organizations to increase our voice on important issues.
ACSI members are provided with frequent updates and talking points on current issues in Washington, D.C. These highlights are designed to keep you informed and give you valuable insights for prayer and interaction with legislators.
- 10.01.21 Update includes ACSI’s annual NLC; four amicus briefs; Congressional update; and, History Moment.
- 09.01.21 Update includes work by Congress before its August break; what to expect when Congress returns; state mask/vaccine mandates; no update mid-month September; thanks for God’s lovingkindness.
- 08.16.21 Update includes August’s Weekly COVID Relief Webinar; Lhamon confirmation stalls; Congress goes out for August; History Moment – first recorded Protestant baptisms in the New World, August 1587.
- 08.01.21 Update includes Weekly COVID Relief Webinar; Approps/Infrastructure/Budget & OSP; Lhamon confirmation; History Moment – Battle of Brooklyn, August 27, 1776.
- 07.15.21 Update includes EANS II Final Requirements; 40% Significant Percentage; Arlene’s Flowers case; Approps/Infrastructure/Budget; History Moment – Occupation of New York, Summer 1776.
Access Current Issues Member Only Resources (Requires Login)
ACSI is active in the legislative process by signing coalition letters, communicating with elected officials and the media, sending out legal alerts explaining the issues to stakeholders and voter voice emails making it easy for constituents to let legislators know their viewpoint and why.
ACSI makes a persuasive case before a judge by means of a friend of the court brief (amicus brief). This is an important method for having a voice in the judicial branch. This is usually a collaborative effort whereby multiple groups that agree with a particular line of argument present a unified case to the court for consideration. ACSI has signed many amicus briefs with others, some of which the Supreme Court has cited in their rulings.
Coalition and Legislative Letters
- 12.06.21 Charities' Priorities – UCD Letter to House Committees
- 12.01.21 BBB - Faith Community Coalition Letter
- 11.16.21 CAPE Letter on BBB's UPK/Childcare provisions in the Reconciliation Bill (House)
- 11.16.21 CAPE Letter on BBB's UPK/Childcare provisions in the Reconciliation Bill (Senate)
- 02.24.21 ACSI-AACS Joint Statement on Equality Act
- 02.15.21 Illinois - ACSI Statement on Teacher Certification
- 02.08.21 West Virginia – Coalition Support for School Choice (ESA bill)
- 12.18.20 Virginia - Statement of Support for Religious Freedom
More information from ADF
- 12.09.20 Charitable Giving Coalition (Universal Charitable Deduction)
- 06.25.20 CARES Act Equitable Services
- 04.08.19 ACSI Letter to House Subcommittee (Equality Act)
- 04.08.19 Coalition Letter to Subcommittee of Education and Labor Committee(Equality Act)
- 04.01.19 Coalition Letter to House Judiciary Committee (Equality Act)
See all Coalition Letters
- 09.10.21 Requesting the US Supreme Court to take Carson v. Makin (Religion Clauses/Equal Protection/School Choice – Maine)
- 09.03.21 Regarding The Trustees of the New Life in Christ Church v. City of Fredericksburg, Virginia (Religious Autonomy)
- 09.02.21 Requesting the US Supreme Court take the case of Seattle’s Gospel Union Mission v. Matthew S. Woods (Ministerial Exception)
- 08.31.21 Requesting the US Supreme Court take the case of Gordon College et. al., v. Margaret DeWeese-Boyd (Ministerial Exception)
- 06.21.21 Regarding Maxon v. Fuller Theological Seminary (Title IX Religious Exemption)
- 07.08.20 US Supreme Court Decision on Our Lady of Guadalupe School v. Agnes Morrissey-Berru (Ministerial Exception)
- 06.30.20 US Supreme Court Decision on Espinoza v. Montana Department of Revenue (School Choice)
See all Court Decisions
ACSI Legal Alerts and Memos on Court Decisions
These member-only notices provide facts regarding important court cases, implications for Christian schools, and calls to action. The most recent Legal Alerts and Memos are as follows:
- UPDATED GUIDANCE 06.17.21 ACSI - COVID Relief - Emergency Connectivity Fund Program - ECFP - May 2021
- 02.05.21 ACSI Memo Updated Information Regarding Emergency Assistance for Non-Public Schools (EANS)
- 01.27.21 ACSI Memo Perspective on President BIden's January 20, 2021 Executive order on SOGI
- 12.18.20 ACSI Summary of Danville Christian v Beshear as of December 18, 2020 (Religious Liberty)
- 09.04.20 ACSI Memo on Lawsuits Regarding CARES Act ESSER Funds
- 09.04.20 ACSI Memo Regarding Deferral of Social Security Payroll Taxes - COVID Relief
Access ACSI Legal Alerts and Memos Member Only Resources (Requires Login)
- 06.10.21 Title IX Hearing (Religious Liberty/SOGI)
- 04.26.21 ARP EANS Implementation
- 02.18.21 SBA Loan and Disaster Assistance Programs (Religious Liberty)
- 12.17.20 Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s (EEOC) Draft Revised Enforcement Guidance on Religious Discrimination
- 10.26.20 DHS Foreign Student Extension of Stay Proposed Rule (F-1 Student Visas)
- 07.31.20 IFR CARES Act Equitable Services
- 02.20.20 Public Hearing on IRS SALT (Payments made to Charitable Entities)
- 01.31.20 IRS SALT (Payments made to Charitable Entities)
See all Public Comments
- 02.18.21 Rep. Bishop Press Release on School Choice with ACSI Support
- 12.17.20 Michigan Member School Op Ed - Religious Freedom
- 09.20.20 Fox News Article - ACSI speaks into national funding needs for private schools
- 06.26.17 Press Release regarding Trinity Lutheran SCOTUS Ruling
See all Other Actions