California/Hawaii Student Activities
Welcome to CA/HI Student Activities!
We're so glad you are here! Whether you are interested in getting involved in ACSI Student Activities for the first time, or are looking to access resources that will help you to fully engage in this program, we hope this site will be a good source of help and information! As the mission statement claims, "ACSI Student Activities enhance learning beyond the classroom by equipping Christian schools and educators while challenging students toward God-honoring applications of their fine art and academic abilities." Through the events that we offer and the services we provide, our hope is that this mission will be fulfilled and that you, your school, and your students will benefit greatly. Please take a few moments to browse through following information and access additional resources to help you successfully implement ACSI Student Activities in your school today!
- 2017-2018 Student Activities Registration is now open!
- We are still in need of new Student Activities host sites and chairpersons for the 2017-2018 school year! If you are interested in chairing/hosting a Student Activities event, please contact the CA/HI Student Activities Coordinator today!
Student Activities Needs:
If you are interested in or able to fulfill one of the needs listed, please contact the CA/HI Student Activities Coordinator.
- Chair/Host Site Needed — 2018 SCA District 1 Art Festival (replacing site in Rancho Santa Fe, CA)
- Chair/Host Site Needed — 2018 Creative Writing Festival (multiple sites needed)
- Chair/Host Site Needed — 2018 SCA District 2 Elementary Speech Meet (multiple sites needed)
- Chair/Host Site Needed — 2018 SCA District 4 Elementary Speech Meet (replacing site in Temecula, CA)
- Chair/Host Site Needed — 2018 SCA District 5 Elementary Speech Meet (replacing site in Concord, CA)
- Chair/Host Site Needed — 2018 NCA District 1 Math Olympics (replacing site in Merced, CA)
- Chair/Host Site Needed — 2018 SCA District 1 Math Olympics (replacing site in San Diego, CA)
- Chair/Host Site Needed — 2018 Math Olympics by Mail (multiple sites needed)
- Chair/Host Site Needed — 2018 SCA Piano Festival (multiple sites needed)
- Chair/Host Site Needed — 2018 NCA District 5 Spelling Bee (Grades 1-4) (replacing site in Concord, CA)
- Chair/Host Site Needed — 2018 SCA District 1 Spelling Bee (Grades 1-8) (replacing site in San Diego, CA)
- Chair/Host Site Needed — 2018 SCA District 2 Spelling Bee (Grades 1-8) (multiple sites needed)
- Chair/Host Site Needed — 2018 SCA District 3 Spelling Bee (Grades 1-8) (replacing site in Norwalk, CA)
- Chair/Host Site Needed — 2018 SCA District 5 Spelling Bee (Grades 1-8) (replacing site in Lancaster, CA)
In The Spotlight:
- ACSI Membership registration and renewal for the 2017-2018 school year is now open! Remember, schools must be members of ACSI in order to participate in Student Activities!
- Save the Date! Middle School Leadership Conferences will take place this fall on October 17 in Modesto, October 19 in Fremont, and October 27 in Pasadena!
- Register today for the Redemption Everyday High School Leadership Conference! You don't want to miss this incredible event January 28-30, 2018 in Costa Mesa, CA!
At A Glance:
Student Activities participation begins with registration. Student Activities registration takes place each fall, typically September–October. During this time, each school should register for all the events they wish to participate in that school year. All registration is first-come, first-served, based on when school registration forms and fees are received in the regional office. To register your school for Student Activities, complete the online registration form and pay by credit card, or mail a check to the CA/HI Regional Office . Please refer to the CA/HI Student Activities Participation Guide for Event ID's, deadlines and fees, and to confirm site availability. When your school's registration is complete, you will be sent an e-mail confirmation that includes information on how to access the password protected Student Activities Resources, including event handbooks filled with information and documents to help coordinate each specific activity. The confirmation e-mail will also include contact information for the event's chairperson, from whom you will receive specific event details including the schedule and participation form deadlines.
List of CA/HI Student Activities:
- Art Festivals
- Creative Writing Festivals
- Math Olympics
- Middle School Leadership Conferences
- Music Festivals — Choral
- Music Festivals — Instrumental
- Science Fairs
- Speech Meets
- Spelling Bees
- Technology Fair
Please call the ACSI CA/HI Regional Office at 714.256.1287 or e-mail the CA/HI Student Activities Coordinator today!