Welcome to the Florida and Caribbean Region
We appreciate your membership and involvement in ACSI, and we pray that you'll find support and encouragement in your regional family. In the Quick Links menu on the left you'll find the information you need to connect, grow personally and as a school, find specialized resources you may need, and more. Please don't hesitate to contact our office if you have questions or need support. May God bless you as you minister to His children!
- You can now renew your school's ACSI membership. Do so today!
- Now Available: 2019 Revised REACH 2.1 Manuals
- Register now for the Florida Directors' Day Conference and Early Education Conference at the First Baptist Church of Plant City, Florida on January 25-26, 2019!
- We invite you to join ACSI and 7 other Christian associations for the foremost gathering of leaders worldwide in San Antonio, TX on January 30-February 1, 2019. The Global Christian School Leadership Summit (GCSLS) is a global gathering that occurs every two years. For 2019, the theme will be Innovate and will include over 60 internationally known speakers and presenters. This is a unique opportunity to hear cutting-edge, interactive keynotes and panels on a variety of topics that are impacting our schools today as well as a large number of workshop sessions to drill down into specifics. Pre-conferences and work sessions will help to make sure you get the most out of the event. Join hundreds of your peers from all over the world and catalyze the impact of innovation in your school!
- Save the Date for our 2019 Professional Development Forum at University Christian School in Jacksonville, Florida on November 25-26! You can look forward to outstanding live presentations, interactive breakout sessions and wonderful fellowship and connecting opportunities.
A high-quality professional development conference for teachers, administrators, and staff serving in international Christian schools around the world.
This indepth week of training for K–12 educators will provide ISP coordinators, administrators, and teachers insight into the cultural differences, language challenges, program organization, and classroom implications of teaching international students in a K–12 Christian school setting
ACSI proudly presents its Strategic Partnership Program, which includes companies carefully chosen to benefit you—our member schools—and to assist you in accomplishing your life-changing mission. Our goal is to proactively build long-term relationships with entities that thoughtfully align with the goals and purposes of Christian schooling and desire to assist you in your work as you educate the next generation of leaders.
ACSI's Strategic Partnership Program has four categories of organizations, National Corporate Partners, Affinity Partners, Approved Providers, and our newest category, Ministry Partners. You are encouraged to contact all of our partners and providers and see how they can provide additional services to your school ministry.
Gratitude: it’s one of my favorite topics because it has such power to effect change in our hearts, in others, in our communities, and even in our schools. I’ve invited Jay Ferguson, headmaster of Grace Community School (Tyler, Texas), to write about gratitude as we enter the Thanksgiving season here in the U.S. —Dan
It’s a question many Christian parents have asked: By having my kids attend a Christian school, am I nurturing them and equipping them for life in secular society, or am I potentially harming them by shielding them from it? Jay Ferguson, headmaster of Grace Community School (Tyler, Texas), addresses that question head-on in this issue. I hope you’ll consider his excellent points.
You’ve made a fantastic, eternity-impacting decision by enrolling your kids in a Christian school. But how do you maximize your investment? I’ve invited Jay Ferguson, headmaster of Grace Community School (Tyler, Texas) to outline a few deliberate actions you can take to do so this school year. —Dan
On-going board training is one of the most important professional development issues facing our Christian schools. ACSI provides board training through the regional offices. We focus on board roles and responsibilities, and try to help boards understand their critical role in policy governance.
Contact the Regional Office to set this up!
Be sure to check out the new features in the ACSI Certification Report available to administrators! This report includes, not only the certification status and expiration dates for your faculty, but also the requirements for faculty members to renew and/or upgrade their certification.
Access the report at Certification Review.
If you do not have a User ID and Password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request them.
What Does It Mean to Teach Like a Disciple?
To keep "teach like a disciple" from merely serving as a slogan for Christian educators, we need to unpack the phrase. There are three aspects of this concept that I would like to offer you, whether you are a classroom teacher or an administrator with instructional leadership responsibilities. My goal in sharing these insights is to take a global truth offered in Jesus' curriculum or pedagogy and see its application to our profession without trivializing His original message. Read more...
Intentionality in School Admissions
One lesson I have learned in the world of admissions is the importance of the word intentional or intentionality in our communications to families. Why is this so important, and how can we use this word to promote our schools? Read more...
Christian education is undergoing massive change-and that change is accompanied by both peril and opportunity.
The 2017 Global Christian School Leadership Summit gathered Christian school leaders to envision the future of Christian education and answer crucial questions facing the movement. The conclusion: Christian education needs to change course.
Pivot: New Directions for Christian Education compiles and expands upon the insights of the GCSLS, making the thought leadership of this unique conference available to anyone.