Northeast, May 2018
FROM YOUR REGIONAL DIRECTOR
It's May... Are you stressed or blessed?
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:16-18, NIV)
As a former Head of School, I am reminded of how stressful May can be. You are consumed with activities: spring musicals, banquets, field day, graduation... it is a race to the finish line. At the same time, you are concerned about enrollment and budget. But it doesn't end there, parents, teachers and students only want one minute of your time, right?
I am praying that in these moments you will be able to consider the impact of your work, and that you will see the eternal. You are ending a school year where children have been touched, perhaps transformed by the work you are doing. You are about to graduate a class of students, most of whom will have an impact on their world for the gospel. You have done good work and no matter how hard it is right now, the Lord is walking with you, so be encouraged. You are blessed by God with the wonderful privilege of seeing His eternal work. Look up - He is there with you.
In the good times and in the tough, we have been gathering for Leaders Professional Learning Communities (LPLCs) via Zoom. We will take a summer break from our LPLCs, but we will return next fall with more LPLCs. However, I still have all the recordings. Below, you will find a list of the topics we discussed. If you would like to view a recording of one of these LPLCs during the summer, please email me and let me know. Here are the topics we covered this year:
- Barna Research
- Dealing with Difficult Employees
- Stewardship and Sustainability
- Fund Development 101
- Leading Through Change
- Get on Board the Enrollment Train
- Pennsylvania Children's Tuition Fund
Stronger Together in Christ,
Cindy Dodds - Regional Director, Northeast
P.S. Since the Maundy Thursday Day of Prayer, we have received many amazing reports from schools all over the world about answered prayer. One Christian school in the Northeast region of the US shared that they were about to be foreclosed upon because of a large debt they weren't able to pay. Since they asked the Christian school movement to pray for them, God has provided a donor to pay their entire debt and enable the school to continue their ministry. Praise the Lord! Consider encouraging others by sharing stories of answered prayers on social media using the hashtag #SchoolsThatPray.
- Grove City College-October 18-19
- Valley Forge DoubleTree-November 1-2
- PD Forum Streaming at your school-any day between October 22-November 9
We are all wrestling with big questions in Christian education. We are called to see our students as whole, unique individuals, and to prepare them to walk in the good works awaiting their hands, hearts and minds. However, their education is not for them alone. Ultimately, Christian education is for others-the common good of the communities in which we and our students live and serve. Therefore...
- How do we educate students to walk in the good works awaiting them?
- How do we teach in a way that achieves academic objectives and forms our students spiritually?
- How do we prepare them to engage a post-Christian culture?
- How do we integrate academic rigor with a heart that knows and seeks?
Our fall PD Forums are designed to answer these critical questions.
Featured event: Fall District Meetings - Save the Date!
- Sep 13: Maryland/DC @ Mt. Airy Christian Academy
- Sep 14: Maryland/Delaware @ TBD
- Sep 17: S. New Jersey @ TBD
- Sep 18: Metro NYC and Long Island @ Gateway Academy
- Sep 19: N. New Jersey @ Hawthorne Christian Academy
- Sep 20: E. New York @ TBD
- Sep 21: W. New York @ Lima Christian School
- Sep 25: W. Pennsylvania @ Champion Christian School
- Sep 26: Central Pennsylvania @ TBD
- Sep 27: E. Pennsylvania @ Plumstead Christian School
- Oct 2: Connecticut/W. Massachusetts @ Pioneer Valley Christian School
- Oct 3: Maine, NH, VT @ Concord Christian Academy
- Oct 4: Rhode Island/E. Massachusetts @ Dayspring Christian Academy