Northeast Student Activities—Elementary Speech Meets
Participating in a Speech Meet helps elementary students develop effective public speaking skills in an audience situation. Students do not compete against one another; they are judged against established criteria.
- Develop techniques to speak audibly, articulately, expressively, and with poise and confidence.
- Develop communication skills that contribute to effective leadership.
- Demonstrate ability by verbally presenting a memorized poem, speech, or passage to the audience.
|March 15, 2019||Eastern PA||Allentown, PA||1–6|
|March 15, 2019||CT/Western MA||Windsor, CT||1–5|
|March 29, 2019||Western PA||Sarver, PA||1-6|
|April 4, 2019||Maryland/DC||Elkton, MD||1–6|
- Please complete the Spring Events Registration Form with the $60 school registration fee by October 31, 2018.
- The student participation fees of $10.00 per entry will be due two weeks prior to the event.
2018/2019 Coordinator Resources
Once registration has closed, the coordinator listed on your registration form will receive preparation details, including the passwords for the resources.
|Elementary Speech Meet Coordinator Handbook||Student Fee Form|
|Student Participation Form—Plan A||Judges and Helpers Registration Form|
|Student Participation Form—Plan B|
Student samplers for the speech meet are listed below. The readings referenced in these samplers are not required readings, but examples of acceptable material. Please contact your school Speech Meet Coordinator for the passwords.
|Elementary Speech Meet—1st–6th Grade Poetry Sampler||Elementary Speech Meet—Dramatic Bible Prose Sampler|
|Elementary Speech Meet—Bible Memorization Sampler||Elementary Speech Meet—Fables and Folklore Sampler|
|Elementary Speech Meet—Patriotic Oration Sampler|