NE Student Activities—Secondary Speech Meets
Public speaking is an essential skill for every graduate. Participating in a Speech Meet encourages students to strive for a high degree of academic and artistic excellence in various types of verbal communication.
Participating Students Will:
- Demonstrate their ability to communicate by presenting speeches before evaluators and an audience of students and parents.
- Be encouraged to glorify the Lord through the use of their speaking skills.
- Receive encouragement from peers in the discipline of verbal communication.
The speech meet may be a half- or full-day event. Students participate in one or two rounds at the discretion of the event chairperson. Students from ACSI member schools in grades 6–12 may participate. Please check the list below to determine the grade levels in your area.
|March 16, 2018||CT/Western MA||Windsor, CT||6–12|
|April 13, 2018||Maryland/DC||Elkton, MD||7–12|
|April 13, 2018||Central PA||Lancaster, PA||6–12|
- Please complete the Spring Events Registration Form with the $60 school registration fee by October 31, 2017.
- The student participation fees of $10.00 per entry will be due two weeks prior to the event.
2017/2018 Coordinator Resources
Once registration has closed, the coordinator listed on your registration form will receive preparation details, including the passwords for the resources.
ACSI does not provide an anthology of materials for the speech meet. Students should seek the guidance and approval of their school's speech teacher/coordinator in choosing appropriate materials. Selections are to be of high literary quality.
Junior High Speech Meet Resources
Senior High Speech Meet Resources
Chairperson Resources are available for those hosting a Secondary Speech Meet.