Welcome to the Northwest Region
Thank you for visiting our website! We appreciate your membership and involvement in ACSI, and we pray that you'll find support and encouragement in your regional family. In the Quick Links menu on the left you'll find the information you need to connect, grow personally and as a school, find specialized resources you may need, and more. Please don't hesitate to contact our office if you have questions or need support. May God bless you as you minister to His children!
- You can now renew your school's ACSI membership. Do so today!
- Connect with your colleagues over lunch at our district meetings!
- District 5 (Montana): Mon., Sept. 18, at Valley Christian School
- District 2 (Western OR): Tue., Sept. 19, at Portland Christian School
- District 1 (Western WA): Wed., Sept. 20, at Seattle Christian School
- District 4 (Eastern OR, Southern ID): Thurs., Sept. 21, at Nampa Christian School
- District 3 (Eastern WA, Northern ID): Fri., Sept. 22, at Conley's Place Restaurant
- District 6 (Alaska): Wed., Sept. 27, at Anchorage Christian School
- We have some exciting surprises and quality speakers lined up for our fall Professional Development Forums. Stay tuned for some August updates, where we'll give you sneak peeks at this year's Forum surprises. Meanwhile, get these dates in your calendar, and don't forget you can access Title II funds to help with attendance costs:
- Grace Christian School, Anchorage, AK: Sept. 28–29 with keynote speaker Dr. Beth Ackerman
- Salem Academy, Salem, OR: Oct. 12–13 with keynote speaker Dr. Kevin Washburn
- Christian Faith School, Federal Way, WA: Oct. 26–27 with keynote speaker Dr. Kevin Washburn
Professional development, encouragement, and networking for the international Christian school leader.
An annual U.S. event that connects international school representatives and sending agencies with potential hires.
I have EMT-Basic training, firearm training, licensed to carry in the school, and just completed a week long training course in New Mexico on Incident Response to Terrorist Bombings. After looking at what was started on our Emergency Operations Procedure manual, I see we have a long way to go. I was wondering if any of you had a team at your school that was in charge of security and emergency preparedness. I would love to look at your manual and compare notes.
This year our school will be celebrating its 45th year. I am looking for any creative things that schools have done to celebrate a significant milestone.
We are facing a teacher shortage and have had to make some creative choices to meet students' needs in the most meaningful way possible. How do principals who are also filling teaching roles divide their responsibilities?
ACSI proudly presents its Strategic Partnership Program, which includes companies carefully chosen to benefit you—our member schools—and to assist you in accomplishing your life-changing mission. Our goal is to proactively build long-term relationships with entities that thoughtfully align with the goals and purposes of Christian schooling and desire to assist you in your work as you educate the next generation of leaders.
ACSI's Strategic Partnership Program has four categories of organizations, National Corporate Partners, Affinity Partners, Approved Providers, and our newest category, Ministry Partners. You are encouraged to contact all of our partners and providers and see how they can provide additional services to your school ministry.
The start of the school year is akin to New Year’s Day: it’s a new beginning, and you have no idea what the days ahead will bring. For that reason, it’s a great time to re-center on God. I’ve invited Jay Ferguson, headmaster of Grace Community School (Tyler, Texas), to address some ideas on keeping a godly perspective this year. —Dan
Christian schools are most effective when they partner with parents in discipling their children. In Christian School Comment 48.8, Dr. Larry Taylor shared the first part of his model for deliberately training children. I encourage you to read it if you haven’t, and to enjoy this second part. —Dan
Especially when my three children were younger, I always welcomed wisdom on how to raise them to honor and serve the Lord as adults. Dr. Larry Taylor has created a model for deliberately training young people; I’m sure you’ll find his ideas practical. —Dan