ACSI Career Service and Achievement Award
Nominations will be accepted in spring 2018 for the ACSI Career Service and Achievement Award. This award recognizes teachers and administrators at the preschool through 12th grade level who are entering formal retirement at the conclusion of the present school year (2017/18) and who have spent a significant portion of their education career in Christian schooling. The deadline will be posted here in winter 2018.
(Nominees must meet all criteria to be eligible for this award.)
- A minimum of 35 years of service in education, with at least 25 of those years in Christian schools and;
- A minimum of 10 years of consecutive service in the same Christian school/system and;
- Entrance into formal retirement from Christian school service at the conclusion of the 2017/18 school year.
- For non-administrators at the P–12 level, a minimum of a bachelor's degree or formal credentials, or
- For administrators at the P–12 level, a minimum of a master's degree or formal administrator credentials.
Nominations accepted by the deadline will receive packet a month later in time for school celebration that you may have planned.
Questions? Contact Steve Babbitt at 719.528.6906 ext 225 or by email.
The Distinguished Christian High School Student Award
Nominations for the 2017–18 DCHSS award are open now through December 15, 2017.
The Distinguished Christian High School Student (DCHSS) award program honors exemplary sophomores, juniors, and seniors from ACSI member high schools. The DCHSS program also provides these select students with the opportunity to receive communication from ACSI member colleges and universities in North America who utilize this valuable resource to recruit Christian high school students for their degree programs.
DCHSS Award Criteria
A school may nominate up to a total of 20 percent of the students from each of their sophomore, junior, and senior classes (not 20 percent in each category). A school with fewer than 50 students in a class may nominate a total of 10 students from each class for whichever category(ies) they choose.
- Sophomores, juniors, and seniors may qualify for an award in one or more of the following categories: Academics, Leadership, Fine Arts, Athletics, and/or Christian Service.
- For all categories checked, the student must have a minimum of two teacher recommendations.
- For all categories checked, the student must have the approval of the administrator.
- For the Christian Service category, the student must have a clear Christian service and Christian testimony and be actively involved in a ministry-related activity.
- For the Leadership category, the student must be actively involved in community service.
- For the Athletics category, the student must be actively participating in school team/individual sports and/or intramurals.
- Foe the Fine Arts category, the student must be actively participaing in school activities such as band, drama, music, art, etc.
- For the Academics category, the student must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA or higher, and must be meeting the school's graduation requirements.