International Student Program Service
Here at ACSI we understand that it takes many contributing factors to run a successful International Student Program. From achieving successful homestays to finding reliable agents/recruiters, we're here to help! Our goal is to support your International Student Program- spreading the love of Christ from our schools to students from around the world.
Contact our Assistant Vice President Dr. Erin Wilcox at ISP@acsi.org for more information on how we can equip your international student program.
Interested in starting or developing your international student program?
Administrators or Coordinators of International Student Programs: Do you have questions about starting an international student program? Are you confused about the business side of bringing in new international students?
Homestay Coordinators: Do you often wonder how to bring in more families? Do you have difficulty equipping these families with the tools they need?
Admissions Officers: Do you need advice for working with agents/recruiters and how to find good recruiting avenues for international students?
We have resources to help with these questions and more!
If you are looking for schools with ISP programs, you can use our "Find a School" search on the ACSI home page. Here is how you do that...
- Click on "Find a School" (top blue bar on ACSI home page)
- Click on "Show Results" (bottom right corner, after making no other choices unless you want to limit it to one state or city)
- In the orange box "Refine your Search Results" choose "I-20" and any other indicators you desire such as "High School" or enrollment size.
- Click "Search Now"
The list of SEVIS certified schools (allows international students to study with them) is public information and can be found here.
ISP Training: Teaching and Reaching International Students
One week in-depth trainign for International Student Program personnel.
June 23-29, 2019 - Program is held at Houghton College, Houghton New York
ACSI is offering an in-depth week of training on educating K-12 international students for International Student Program (ISP) coordinators, administrators, and teachers. Experts provide insight into cultural differences, language challenges, program organization, and classroom implications for teaching/learning in a cross-cultural setting.
Features of the ISP Program:
- embedded in a larger Pre-Field Orientation (PFO) program that prepares teachers and boarding parents to transition to overseas teaching and living
- taught by cross-cultural educators with many years overseas experience
- includes simulations, engaging small and large group activities
- takes advantage of ELL, cultural, and educational experts
- presents effective program, organizational, and recruiting strategies
$850 includes program, food, and housing. Registration information coming soon. For more information, contact ISP@acsi.org
Upcoming Webinar: TBD March 2019
ISP Accreditation Endorsement
Below you will find a link to ACSI's International Student Program Accreditation Endorsement. We hope that your school will be able to use this resource as a way to strengthen, establish, and eventually achieve the International Student Program Endorsement with ACSI.
By recommendation of an ACSI member school with a successful International Student Program, ACSI would like to direct schools seeking insurance for their international students to the Patriot Exchange program through IMG (International Medical Group). A school would need 5 or more students for the group plan (and a 10% group discount); otherwise, the individual plan would offer the same policy.
This resource is for schools considering or in the early stages of developing an International Student Program. It walks leaders through the process of sharing the concepts with other leaders and the school community, the government licensure procedure, and further first steps.
Order Now! (SKU# 6650)
Connecting with Agencies
If you are an accredited school looking for agencies with whom to connect, please contact the ISP Coordinator. We will send you more information on agencies other ACSI Schools have recommended.
If you are an agency that places international students in Christian schools, we want to learn more about you. Please contact the ISP Coordinator and we will send you more information on how to proceed.
We believe that connecting accredited schools and agencies is a service that will benefit both international families and out Christian schools.
Here are two ways for your school's International Student Program Coordinator to get connected:
1. Sign up for updates. The best way to stay informed about new resources from ACSI is to hear about it directly from us. Signing up is easy and only takes a minute! Simply fill out the form below.
2. Join the Student Services group in the ACSI Online Community (your.acsi.org). ISP coordinators use this space to connect with one another, share ideas, and keep up-to-date on opportunities and resources for international student programs.