9. School Crisis
Security and Emergency Preparedness at Your School
This webinar covers three areas of safety and security at your school:
- Topic One—enhancing the exterior and interior building security
- Topic Two—the creation and duty of a school security and emergency preparedness team
- Topic Three—specific methods of intruder response and crisis communication
This presentation is designed to offer concrete and immediate takeaways you can begin implementing in your school the same day. While some of the resources and suggestions would require a monetary investment, the goal is to provide a healthy offering of no-cost starting points for schools.
Recording no longer available
ACSI Articles and Forms
- See Resource Category #4—Student Issues
- Guide for Developing High-Quality School Emergency Operations Plans
- Pratical Information on Crisis Planning: A Guide for Schools and Communities
- A Time to Reflect about Violence in Schools
- Sex Offenders as Parents
- Helping Youth and Children Recover from Traumatic Events & School Emergency Management Planning
- Tips for Helping Students Recovering From Traumatic Events
- Dealing with Student Threats - Part 1
- Dealing with Student Threats - Part 2
- Early Education Sample Emergency Plan Guide Sheet
- Christian School Crisis Management Plan - Template 1
- Christian School Crisis Management Plan - Template 2
- Search and Seizure Policies and Procedures
- Don't Be Ambushed: Get Your Media Act Together
- Focusing on the Fundamentals of School Safety: 10 Key Points to Remember
- Is Your Christian School Campus Safe? Strategies for Improving School Security
- Low-Cost and No-Cost Safety Strategies
- The Viciousness of Virtual Bullying
- Back to Basics: Preventing Child Sexual Abuse After #MeToo and Larry Nassar
- Editorial Note on School Mass Shootings
- School Mass Shooting Viewpoint: Anonymous
- School Mass Shooting Viewpoint: The King's Academy
- School Mass Shooting Viewpoint: Dock Mennonite Academy
- School Mass Shooting Viewpoint: Dayspring Christian Academy
- One in Six States Allow Marijuana in Schools
- Lessons Hard Learned and Not Soon Forgotten: A School Mass Shooting
Other Helpful Resources
- Armed Intruder Resource Kit. Provided by Church Mutual Insurance Company and provides a number of excellent resources, checklist, free webinars and other related resources.
- Safety Resources Resource Page. Provided by Church Mutual Insurance Company and covers a wide range of safety related topics.
- Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools Center. Department of Education site with a number of helpful resources on crisis management.
- National School Safety and Security Services. School safety consulting firm that also offers a number of resources and articles on school safety.
- Keeping Our Students Safe: How to Prepare for and Prevent Violent Situations at School. Provided by Community for Accredited Online Schools and provides concrete, practical advice for schools, parents and students.
- Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission Report. Initial Report Submitted to the Governor, Speaker of the House of Representatives and Senate President.
Please contact us with Helpful Resource suggestions.
Notice: These articles are designed to provide accurate and authoritative information in regard to the subject matter covered. They have been provided to member schools with the understanding that ACSI is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting, tax, or other professional service. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional person should be sought. Laws vary by jurisdiction and the specific application of laws to particular facts requires the advice of an attorney.