ACSI Leadership U
Strengthening and equipping new Christian school leaders
Are you a newly appointed head of school or a leader considering a future ministry as a Christian school head? If so, equip yourself for the challenge by attending ACSI's new mentoring program, Leadership U. It will provide you with theoretical constructs and practical implementation opportunities to strengthen your leadership skills.
About ACSI Leadership U:
- The initial cohort class begins with a one-week session in July 2015 and will be completed with a one-week session in July 2016. It is limited to 30 participants. A second cohort will begin in July 2016.
- ACSI Leadership U includes both classroom and mentoring components that are based on the Christian School Leadership Framework.
- Participants will choose or be matched with an individual who has agreed to serve as an active mentor/coach for one year. Mentors and mentees will meet at the participant’s school at least twice during the year and meet monthly via phone or Skype.
- Dr. Alan Pue, president of The Barnabas Group, will direct Leadership U and provide 4 to 6 hours of instruction during each session. He will provide primary oversight of the mentor/coaching component of the program.
- ACSI Corporate Partner Independent School Management (ISM), a leading independent school consulting firm, will provide 15 hours of training during each session under the direction of Bill Simmer and Simon Jeynes. The training will include ISM's key research findings regarding executive leadership, advancement, school cultures, and governance principles.
- Every instructor and mentor-coach participating in this program has extensive experience in Christian school leadership.
- Although graduate programs in school leadership are helpful, this program provides teaching from experienced ACSI leaders and embeds current ISM research, recommended models, and experience. In addition, the mentor/coaching experience will provide one-on-one support so participants can develop specific leadership competencies during a school year. ACSI believes that there is no better program for aspiring Christian school leaders to grow their leadership capacity.
- ACSI Leadership U begins at Cairn University (Philadelphia, Pa.) with a one-week resident requirement July 19–24, 2015. Cairn University will provide participants with up to 12 graduate credits. Each week of classes will provide 32 clock hours of instruction; the mentor/coaching experience will include supplemental readings and online discussion groups.
- Participants who complete both sessions and a personal professional development plan, upon approval of Leadership U faculty, will receive a Head of School Endorsement Certificate that indicates completion of this program.
- The cost of this program is $2,300 per session/internship (the program includes two sessions and an internship).
- See the ACSI Leadership U Schedule.
- Learn more about ACSI Leadership U by watching this video from Dr. Alan Pue and Bill Simmer:
To apply, download and save the ACSI Leadership U application. Fill it out and email it, along with a written recommendation from your ACSI Regional Director or an ACSI member head of school, to ACSI Vice President for Member Services Taylor Smith. Attention, seasoned school administrators: Please consider recommending a new leader for this program.