How to get the most out of ACSI’s Career Center
ACSI's Career Center takes the stress out of finding the right people to fill job openings at your school. This job board, powered by acclaimed recruit platform Job Target, provides a database of Christian education positions and candidates.
We sat down with Support Services representatives Taylor Smith (senior director) and Judy Palma (member care supervisor), who shared the top six ways ACSI member schools can get the most out of the Career Center-and why there's no better time than now to take advantage of these great benefits:
6. Breathe a sigh of relief. The Career Center makes your life easier by simplifying the search process for a job candidate.
5. Connect with interested candidates at a minimal cost. You can submit interest to a candidate who looks like a good fit for your school and begin a conversation. (If a candidate isn't interested, you won't be charged any fee for the contact.)
4. Take a look at all the resumes submitted for your job posting free of charge and view all the resumes posted by job seekers in the Career Center's resume bank for free at any time. The amount of seekers outnumbers the available positions, increasing your chances of finding a candidate.
3. Get job seekers' attention by upgrade your posting. Career Center's Preferred, Spotlight, Featured, and PowerPost upgrade options are available for an additional cost and drive more post views.
2. Spend the $1,000 you save elsewhere. Five 60-day job postings would typically cost you around $1,000 at another site. You get those first five for free with the ACSI Career Center. Use that money and invest those savings to benefit your school in other ways. (International member schools receive eight free 270-day postings.)
1. Find "the one" for your school by connecting with gifted Christian educators who share your vision and values. Job seekers are asked to sign ACSI's statement of faith during the process of posting their resumes. You can have a greater sense of assurance that you'll find a strong fit for your Christian school culture by using the ACSI Career Center as opposed to other job boards.
Taylor and Judy identified other ways the Career Center makes the candidate search process easier for you. You can filter searches by selecting criteria such as categories, expertise, or state, which helps narrow the results related to your position. You can also sign up for alerts to receive notifications about job seekers who meet the criteria of your position. While you can use the Career Center throughout the year, the highest traffic occurs February through April, making this a perfect time of year to check it out.
The Career Center makes your school stronger by giving you affordable resources and the exposure you need to help you connect with the best candidates. And with those five free US job postings and eight free international postings, what are you waiting for? Post a job today!