Welcome to the California/Hawaii Region
Thank you for visiting our website! We appreciate your membership and involvement in ACSI, and we pray that you'll find support and encouragement in your regional family. In the Quick Links menu on the left you'll find the information you need to connect, grow personally and as a school, find specialized resources you may need, and more. Please don't hesitate to contact our office if you have questions or need support. May God bless you as you minister to His children!
*Please check the ACSI Event Status webpage for up-to-date status information about specific ACSI events*
- 2020 Virtual PD Forums - The dates, times and registration links are now available for the 2020 PD Forums! These virtual events will be held across the nation with dynamic speakers and insightful topics. Register for your PD Forum TODAY!
- School Leader Discussions - The CA/HI Regional team will be hosting informal discussions with school leaders across CA/HI regarding COVID-19 circumstances and how they affect 2020-2021 school year planning. This is a great space to share ideas and learn from one another. Please email Katie_Diaz@acsi.org to join one of these meetings!
- Northern California/Hawaii
- Early Education - Monday, June 8th, 2:00 - 4:00PM (PST)
- K-8 - Tuesday, June 9th, 2:00 - 4:00 PM (PST)
- High School - Thursday, June 11th, 2:00PM - 4:00 PM (PST)
- Southern California
- Early Education - Monday, June 15th, 2:00 - 4:00PM (PST)
- K-8 - Tuesday, June 16th, 2:00 - 4:00PM (PST)
- High School - Thursday, June 18th, 2:00 - 4:00PM (PST)
- Northern California/Hawaii
- COVID-19 Town Hall Meetings - Join us for these free meetings, taking place from 11:00AM-12NOON (PST) on Wednesdays: Register here!
- For additional events and resources during this unprecidented time, please check out our extensive COVID-19 Resource Page.
- Read about how Christian schools flourish in the newly released FSCI national report.
- Find out more about the NEW 4-hour biblical studies series added as a member benefit for Early Educators: Leadership Lessons from the Leading Ladies of the Bible.
- Download the 2018-19 Tuition Survey and Salary Report - an ACSI member benefit!
ACSI proudly presents its Strategic Partnership Program, which includes companies carefully chosen to benefit you—our member schools—and to assist you in accomplishing your life-changing mission. Our goal is to proactively build long-term relationships with entities that thoughtfully align with the goals and purposes of Christian schooling and desire to assist you in your work as you educate the next generation of leaders.
ACSI's Strategic Partnership Program has four categories of organizations, National Corporate Partners, Affinity Partners, Approved Providers, and our newest category, Ministry Partners. You are encouraged to contact all of our partners and providers and see how they can provide additional services to your school ministry.
Gratitude: it’s one of my favorite topics because it has such power to effect change in our hearts, in others, in our communities, and even in our schools. I’ve invited Jay Ferguson, headmaster of Grace Community School (Tyler, Texas), to write about gratitude as we enter the Thanksgiving season here in the U.S. —Dan
It’s a question many Christian parents have asked: By having my kids attend a Christian school, am I nurturing them and equipping them for life in secular society, or am I potentially harming them by shielding them from it? Jay Ferguson, headmaster of Grace Community School (Tyler, Texas), addresses that question head-on in this issue. I hope you’ll consider his excellent points.
You’ve made a fantastic, eternity-impacting decision by enrolling your kids in a Christian school. But how do you maximize your investment? I’ve invited Jay Ferguson, headmaster of Grace Community School (Tyler, Texas) to outline a few deliberate actions you can take to do so this school year. —Dan
What Does It Mean to Teach Like a Disciple?
To keep "teach like a disciple" from merely serving as a slogan for Christian educators, we need to unpack the phrase. There are three aspects of this concept that I would like to offer you, whether you are a classroom teacher or an administrator with instructional leadership responsibilities. My goal in sharing these insights is to take a global truth offered in Jesus' curriculum or pedagogy and see its application to our profession without trivializing His original message. Read more...
Intentionality in School Admissions
One lesson I have learned in the world of admissions is the importance of the word intentional or intentionality in our communications to families. Why is this so important, and how can we use this word to promote our schools? Read more...
Christian education is undergoing massive change-and that change is accompanied by both peril and opportunity.
The 2017 Global Christian School Leadership Summit gathered Christian school leaders to envision the future of Christian education and answer crucial questions facing the movement. The conclusion: Christian education needs to change course. Pivot: New Directions for Christian Education compiles and expands upon the insights of the GCSLS, making the thought leadership of this unique conference available to anyone.