Welcome to the Southeast Region
We appreciate your membership and involvement in ACSI, and we pray that you'll find support and encouragement in your regional family. In the Quick Links menu on the left you'll find the information you need to connect, grow personally and as a school, find specialized resources you may need, and more. Please don't hesitate to contact our office if you have questions or need support. May God bless you as you minister to His children!
- Save the Date! Flourishing Schools Research will be the focal point of our Professional Development offerings in 2020, including our PD Forums. Please join us for our innovative digital delivery and participate live on either October 8&9 or October 29&30 beginning at 9 a.m. Eastern time (other dates available in different time zones), as we focus on Understanding Well-Being. Our featured speakers are Rex Miller and Kevin Baird, authors of the book "WHOLE: What Teachers Need to Help Students Thrive", who will speak on the importance of Well-Being.
- Thursday – Book Club:
Join us on July 9, July 16, July 23, July 30, and August 6 at 2:30 pm (ET) to discuss Rex Miller’s book WHOLE: What Teachers Need to Help Students Thrive. Author Rex Miller will be joining us on several of those dates. Register here.
- Dates and locations have been set for our Fall District Meetings. Watch for registration to open soon! Some meetings will be live on site (3 hrs. + lunch) and some virtual (2.5 hrs.) similar to our Town Hall meetings. Content structure will be in three parts:
- Part I - ACSI New Strategic Plan & USA Model
- Part 2 - Legal Legislative update regarding Supreme Court decision, including any recent developments
- Part 3 - Best practices for leading schools in a post-COVID environment
All recordings of past Town Hall Meetings are posted on our COVID RESOURCES PAGE
ACSI has compiled a wealth of resources that will be helpful to you:
- Community Discussions
- COVID-19 Resources
- Legal and Legislative Resources
- Flourishing School Culture Initiative
- ACSI's Weekly Blog
- Connect with Dr. Taylor
Calendar of Events
- 2020-21 Calendar coming soon!
ACSI Professional Development Webinars
- Hear from experts in the field without leaving your office through ACSI PD Webinars
ACSI proudly presents its Strategic Partnership Program, which includes companies carefully chosen to benefit you—our member schools—and to assist you in accomplishing your life-changing mission. Our goal is to proactively build long-term relationships with entities that thoughtfully align with the goals and purposes of Christian schooling and desire to assist you in your work as you educate the next generation of leaders.
ACSI's Strategic Partnership Program has four categories of organizations, National Corporate Partners, Affinity Partners, Approved Providers, and our newest category, Ministry Partners. You are encouraged to contact all of our partners and providers and see how they can provide additional services to your school ministry.
Gratitude: it’s one of my favorite topics because it has such power to effect change in our hearts, in others, in our communities, and even in our schools. I’ve invited Jay Ferguson, headmaster of Grace Community School (Tyler, Texas), to write about gratitude as we enter the Thanksgiving season here in the U.S. —Dan
It’s a question many Christian parents have asked: By having my kids attend a Christian school, am I nurturing them and equipping them for life in secular society, or am I potentially harming them by shielding them from it? Jay Ferguson, headmaster of Grace Community School (Tyler, Texas), addresses that question head-on in this issue. I hope you’ll consider his excellent points.
You’ve made a fantastic, eternity-impacting decision by enrolling your kids in a Christian school. But how do you maximize your investment? I’ve invited Jay Ferguson, headmaster of Grace Community School (Tyler, Texas) to outline a few deliberate actions you can take to do so this school year. —Dan
Christian education is undergoing massive change-and that change is accompanied by both peril and opportunity.
The 2017 Global Christian School Leadership Summit gathered Christian school leaders to envision the future of Christian education and answer crucial questions facing the movement. The conclusion: Christian education needs to change course.
Pivot: New Directions for Christian Education compiles and expands upon the insights of the GCSLS, making the thought leadership of this unique conference available to anyone.
What Does It Mean to Teach Like a Disciple?
To keep "teach like a disciple" from merely serving as a slogan for Christian educators, we need to unpack the phrase. There are three aspects of this concept that I would like to offer you, whether you are a classroom teacher or an administrator with instructional leadership responsibilities. My goal in sharing these insights is to take a global truth offered in Jesus' curriculum or pedagogy and see its application to our profession without trivializing His original message. Read more...
Intentionality in School Admissions
One lesson I have learned in the world of admissions is the importance of the word intentional or intentionality in our communications to families. Why is this so important, and how can we use this word to promote our schools? Read more...