Welcome to the Southeast Region
We appreciate your membership and involvement in ACSI, and we pray that you'll find support and encouragement in your regional family. In the Quick Links menu on the left you'll find the information you need to connect, grow personally and as a school, find specialized resources you may need, and more. Please don't hesitate to contact our office if you have questions or need support. May God bless you as you minister to His children!
- You can now renew your school's ACSI membership by logging into My Account. Do it today!
- Have you registered for your fall District Meeting? You won't want to miss the opportunity to grow, to learn, and to connect with fellow Christian school leaders as we take a closer look at the topic of INNOVATION! Register today!!
- Registration is open for our PD Forums in Winston-Salem, Oct. 10 & 11 and Atlanta, Oct. 24 & 25. You can look forward to outstanding live presentations and interactive breakout sessions with wonderful fellowship and connecting opportunities. This year's theme is INNOVATE: Explore - Discover - Create. Register today!
- ENGAGE Event 2020: Laws that Impact Christian School Operations
Dr. Tom Cathey, ACSI Director for Legal Legislative Services, will conduct this one-day training in 12 strategic locations throughout the Southeast from February—April. This ENGAGE event is designed to help Christian school leaders negotiate the complex issues involved in student laws, federal laws, transportation laws, and other operational laws. The training will be from 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. and the only cost will be $15 for lunch. Registration is required, so register today!
- North Raleigh Christian Academy will host its 11th Annual ACSI Rountable on January 28, 2020. One of the foremost speakers on Expected Student Outcomes in the country, Dr. Deborah Miller, will present three talks followed with roundtable discussion and group interaction. This outstanding event is FREE to Heads of School, Principals, Student Life Directors, Dept. Chairs, Lead Teachers, and Board Chairs. Register here!
Calendar of Events
ACSI Professional Development Webinars
- Hear from experts in the field without leaving your office through ACSI PD Webinars
A high-quality professional development conference for teachers, administrators, and staff serving in international Christian schools around the world.
Professional development, encouragement, and networking for the international Christian school leader.
PFO prepares Christian educators and staff, boarding personnel, administrators, and their families for service in Christian international schools abroad.
ACSI proudly presents its Strategic Partnership Program, which includes companies carefully chosen to benefit you—our member schools—and to assist you in accomplishing your life-changing mission. Our goal is to proactively build long-term relationships with entities that thoughtfully align with the goals and purposes of Christian schooling and desire to assist you in your work as you educate the next generation of leaders.
ACSI's Strategic Partnership Program has four categories of organizations, National Corporate Partners, Affinity Partners, Approved Providers, and our newest category, Ministry Partners. You are encouraged to contact all of our partners and providers and see how they can provide additional services to your school ministry.
Gratitude: it’s one of my favorite topics because it has such power to effect change in our hearts, in others, in our communities, and even in our schools. I’ve invited Jay Ferguson, headmaster of Grace Community School (Tyler, Texas), to write about gratitude as we enter the Thanksgiving season here in the U.S. —Dan
It’s a question many Christian parents have asked: By having my kids attend a Christian school, am I nurturing them and equipping them for life in secular society, or am I potentially harming them by shielding them from it? Jay Ferguson, headmaster of Grace Community School (Tyler, Texas), addresses that question head-on in this issue. I hope you’ll consider his excellent points.
You’ve made a fantastic, eternity-impacting decision by enrolling your kids in a Christian school. But how do you maximize your investment? I’ve invited Jay Ferguson, headmaster of Grace Community School (Tyler, Texas) to outline a few deliberate actions you can take to do so this school year. —Dan
Christian education is undergoing massive change-and that change is accompanied by both peril and opportunity.
The 2017 Global Christian School Leadership Summit gathered Christian school leaders to envision the future of Christian education and answer crucial questions facing the movement. The conclusion: Christian education needs to change course.
Pivot: New Directions for Christian Education compiles and expands upon the insights of the GCSLS, making the thought leadership of this unique conference available to anyone.
What Does It Mean to Teach Like a Disciple?
To keep "teach like a disciple" from merely serving as a slogan for Christian educators, we need to unpack the phrase. There are three aspects of this concept that I would like to offer you, whether you are a classroom teacher or an administrator with instructional leadership responsibilities. My goal in sharing these insights is to take a global truth offered in Jesus' curriculum or pedagogy and see its application to our profession without trivializing His original message. Read more...
Intentionality in School Admissions
One lesson I have learned in the world of admissions is the importance of the word intentional or intentionality in our communications to families. Why is this so important, and how can we use this word to promote our schools? Read more...