The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) was founded in 1978 when several regional U.S. school associations joined, becoming a united voice to advance excellence in Christian education. The leaders’ vision was to inspire, challenge, and resource educators and schools. First headquartered in La Habra, California, ACSI moved to an expanded facility in Colorado Springs, Colorado, in 1994. Today, ACSI serves nearly 24,000 schools in more than 100 countries.
As an association we are committed to:
Biblical Fidelity and Prayer
Immerse ourselves in the Holy Scriptures and prayer, both individually and corporately; consistently measure all association actions, programs, and resources against the teachings of the Word of God; and recognize our total dependence on Him.
Biblical Foundation and Focus on Jesus Christ
Serve schools and educators that represent a range of evangelical, Protestant backgrounds; all our schools and educators will hold to the ACSI Statement of Faith.
Members We Serve
Allocate our resources, including time and finances, in such a way as to bring maximum benefit to our members, and respond promptly to constituent needs.
Act with faithfulness and integrity and exercise diligence in program administration, with thoroughness and research-based expertise in the production of resources, and with fiscal accountability, realizing that ACSI ultimately belongs to God and we ultimately answer to Him for all we do with that which He has entrusted to our care.
Diverse Worldwide Constituency
Be authentically international in structure and practice, promoting international, national, and regional organizational leadership for the mutual benefit of all member schools; develop programs, resources, and services with all constituents in mind, utilizing insights learned from colleagues from around the world and evidencing the high value we place on gender, ethnic, age, and cultural differences.
Staff and Their Growth
Establish personnel resource and organizational policies and practices that encourage equitable and competitive wages, support for continuing professional growth, and commitment to collaborative goal setting, accountability, and consistent implementation of evaluation systems.
Influence public policy and public perception that have an impact on Christian schools and the rights of Christian educators everywhere, seek appropriate representation to protect the rights of parents to be free to choose the educational program that in their view best meets the educational and spiritual needs of their children, and work in collaboration with families, churches, governments, and other leaders and organizations to promote school compliance with all applicable laws and to promote the ability of private individuals or groups to establish and support Christian schools without restriction or reservation.
ACSI Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, Hebrews 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19, John 5:24; Romans 3:23; Romans 5:8–9; Ephesians 2:8–10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto resurrection of life, and the lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28–29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12–13, Galatians 3:26–28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19–20, Romans 8:13–14, Ephesians 4:30, Ephesians 5:18).
- We believe that the term marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18–25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7:2–5; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that God’s command is that there be no sexual intimacy outside of or apart from marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that God wonderfully foreordained and immutably created each person as either male or female in conformity with their biological sex. These two distinct yet complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26–27).
Our Statement of Faith is not exhaustive of all of our beliefs. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, speaks with absolute authority regarding the proper conduct of mankind and is the unchanging foundation for all belief and behavior. The ACSI Board of Directors holds final interpretive authority on biblical meaning and application with regard to faith, doctrine, policy, practice, and discipline.
ACSI Welcomes New Director of Accreditation for the International Division, Supporting More Than 100 Christian Schools Worldwide
Colorado Springs, CO– The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) is pleased to welcome Dr. Michael McNabb as its new Director of Accreditation for the International Division.
In his role, McNabb will lead accreditation services for ACSI international schools and global national schools by providing professional counsel to accredited schools and ensuring all accreditation policies, standards, guidelines and criteria are applied.
ACSI Senior Vice President for Global Mike Epp believes McNabb brings a wealth of skills, experience, and accomplishments that will further enhance ACSI's mission to strengthen Christian schools globally.
“Michael has a heart for Christian schooling around the world and is a perfect fit for his new role with ACSI,” he said. “He has been a solid international school leader in Guatemala and has also effectively engaged the Christian schooling movement in Latin America. We have witnessed his great cross-cultural abilities and high professionalism through his service on the ACSI Latin American Accreditation Commission.”
McNabb is a third-generation educator with 20 years of international experience in Croatia and Guatemala. He holds a master’s in Educational Leadership and a doctorate in Leadership and Professional Practice.
Bilingual in English and Spanish, McNabb has a passion for excellence in international Christian education. As a volunteer with ACSI Latin America, he played a crucial role in translating essential accreditation resources, including the REACH 2.1 and REACH 2019, into Spanish. His contributions also extended to facilitating an accreditation team training workshop in Spanish at the 2019 ACSI Latin America Leadership Conference in Panama.
McNabb looks forward to joining ACSI’s international team.
"The calling I feel to join ACSI is undeniable,” he shared. “The opportunity to use my passions, skills, cross-cultural experience, and breadth of experience in accreditation to further Kingdom education and make an impact on a global scale is not something that I could pass up and is incredibly exciting!"
Before ACSI, McNabb spent 18 years as the Director of the Inter-American School in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala. During his time at the Inter-American School, he increased enrollment by 30%, successfully implemented a dual-diploma program, and spearheaded the school's accreditation process.
As ACSI continues to expand its influence in international and global national schools, McNabb is poised to play a pivotal role in supporting, encouraging, and inspiring member schools around the world.
“The Christian schooling movement is one of the best, if not the best, ministries that we can be a part of to live out the Great Commission and make disciples in all the nations” McNabb said. “This is especially true in our international and global national schools around the world. I see so much potential in the Christian schooling movement around the world, and I am extremely excited to be a part of it.”
Headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, ACSI exists to strengthen Christian schools and equip Christian educators worldwide as they prepare students academically and inspire them to become devoted followers of Jesus Christ. ACSI advances excellence in Christian schools by enhancing the professional and personal development of Christian educators and providing vital support functions for Christian schools through multiple services including teacher and administrator certification, school accreditation, legal/legislative assistance, and curriculum publishing. Serving more than 25,000 schools in 108 countries, ACSI helps more than 5.5 million students worldwide connect to Christian education.