The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) was founded in 1978 when several regional U.S. school associations joined, becoming a united voice to advance excellence in Christian education. The leaders’ vision was to inspire, challenge, and resource educators and schools. First headquartered in La Habra, California, ACSI moved to an expanded facility in Colorado Springs, Colorado, in 1994. Today, ACSI serves nearly 24,000 schools in more than 100 countries.
As an association we are committed to:
Biblical Fidelity and Prayer
Immerse ourselves in the Holy Scriptures and prayer, both individually and corporately; consistently measure all association actions, programs, and resources against the teachings of the Word of God; and recognize our total dependence on Him.
Biblical Foundation and Focus on Jesus Christ
Serve schools and educators that represent a range of evangelical, Protestant backgrounds; all our schools and educators will hold to the ACSI Statement of Faith.
Members We Serve
Allocate our resources, including time and finances, in such a way as to bring maximum benefit to our members, and respond promptly to constituent needs.
Act with faithfulness and integrity and exercise diligence in program administration, with thoroughness and research-based expertise in the production of resources, and with fiscal accountability, realizing that ACSI ultimately belongs to God and we ultimately answer to Him for all we do with that which He has entrusted to our care.
Diverse Worldwide Constituency
Be authentically international in structure and practice, promoting international, national, and regional organizational leadership for the mutual benefit of all member schools; develop programs, resources, and services with all constituents in mind, utilizing insights learned from colleagues from around the world and evidencing the high value we place on gender, ethnic, age, and cultural differences.
Staff and Their Growth
Establish personnel resource and organizational policies and practices that encourage equitable and competitive wages, support for continuing professional growth, and commitment to collaborative goal setting, accountability, and consistent implementation of evaluation systems.
Influence public policy and public perception that have an impact on Christian schools and the rights of Christian educators everywhere, seek appropriate representation to protect the rights of parents to be free to choose the educational program that in their view best meets the educational and spiritual needs of their children, and work in collaboration with families, churches, governments, and other leaders and organizations to promote school compliance with all applicable laws and to promote the ability of private individuals or groups to establish and support Christian schools without restriction or reservation.
ACSI Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, Hebrews 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19, John 5:24; Romans 3:23; Romans 5:8–9; Ephesians 2:8–10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto resurrection of life, and the lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28–29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12–13, Galatians 3:26–28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19–20, Romans 8:13–14, Ephesians 4:30, Ephesians 5:18).
- We believe that the term marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18–25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7:2–5; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that God’s command is that there be no sexual intimacy outside of or apart from marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that God wonderfully foreordained and immutably created each person as either male or female in conformity with their biological sex. These two distinct yet complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26–27).
Our Statement of Faith is not exhaustive of all of our beliefs. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, speaks with absolute authority regarding the proper conduct of mankind and is the unchanging foundation for all belief and behavior. The ACSI Board of Directors holds final interpretive authority on biblical meaning and application with regard to faith, doctrine, policy, practice, and discipline.
ACSI Reaches Highest Tier Attainable in the Best Christian Workplaces Survey, Earning “Flourishing Status”
Colorado Springs, CO– The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) is proud to announce that it has earned “Flourishing Status” through the Best Christian Workplaces Survey.
In a multi-year trend upward, ACSI employees ranked the organization as being the highest tier attainable in the Best Christian Workplaces Survey—a thorough employee engagement survey assessing organizational culture. The association’s areas of strength this year include high commitment to excellence, effective teamwork, supervisors caring for employees as people, and recruiting highly capable employees.
ACSI President & CEO Dr. Larry Taylor is thrilled by this great accomplishment.
“At ACSI, we are committed to excellence in everything that we do to serve our schools and educators across the globe,” he shared. “The survey shows that we have made substantial leaps year over year in areas that our staff previously rated lower— areas such as compensation, acting on the suggestions of employees and involving them in decision making, and encouraging employee exploration and innovation. We are excited to continue strengthening and growing our culture to model what it means to be a flourishing community.”
Best Christian Workplaces Consulting Director Cary Humphries is excited about the survey results and is honored to serve as ACSI’s engagement partner.
“ACSI has demonstrated a commitment to regularly measure the health of their workplace culture,” he said. “This year’s actions and survey progress display excellence and the increased opportunity for full engagement of the ACSI team.”
The organization conducted this anonymous survey to all employees in May and analyzed the data in June.
ACSI Director of Human Resources Chris Loncar looks forward to implementing strategies to address the data specifically regarding areas that present opportunities for growth.
“We will focus on key areas employees are concerned with and will further demonstrate our commitment to improving our culture at ACSI,” he shared.
Taylor believes the future of Christian education is bright.
“We are grateful for our staff’s commitment to the mission and vision of ACSI,” he said. “It’s what makes it possible for us to continue discipling future leaders who will further God’s Kingdom worldwide through Christian education.”
To learn more about the Best Christian Workplaces Certified Workplaces, visit the website at https://workplaces.org/certification. To learn more about ACSI, visit the website at https://www.acsi.org/.
Headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, ACSI exists to strengthen Christian schools and equip Christian educators worldwide as they prepare students academically and inspire them to become devoted followers of Jesus Christ. ACSI advances excellence in Christian schools by enhancing the professional and personal development of Christian educators and providing vital support functions for Christian schools through multiple services including teacher and administrator certification, school accreditation, legal/legislative assistance, and curriculum publishing. Serving more than 25,000 schools in 108 countries, ACSI helps more than 5.5 million students worldwide connect to Christian education.
About Best Christian Workplaces:
Best Christian Workplaces exists to equip and inspire Christian leaders to create an engaged, Flourishing Workplace. Since 2003, the ministry has surveyed over 1,000 churches, nonprofits, businesses, and educators. Their vision is that Christian-led workplaces set the standard as the best, most effective places to work in the world.