The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) was founded in 1978 when several regional U.S. school associations joined, becoming a united voice to advance excellence in Christian education. The leaders’ vision was to inspire, challenge, and resource educators and schools. First headquartered in La Habra, California, ACSI moved to an expanded facility in Colorado Springs, Colorado, in 1994. Today, ACSI serves nearly 24,000 schools in more than 100 countries.
As an association we are committed to:
Biblical Fidelity and Prayer
Immerse ourselves in the Holy Scriptures and prayer, both individually and corporately; consistently measure all association actions, programs, and resources against the teachings of the Word of God; and recognize our total dependence on Him.
Biblical Foundation and Focus on Jesus Christ
Serve schools and educators that represent a range of evangelical, Protestant backgrounds; all our schools and educators will hold to the ACSI Statement of Faith.
Members We Serve
Allocate our resources, including time and finances, in such a way as to bring maximum benefit to our members, and respond promptly to constituent needs.
Act with faithfulness and integrity and exercise diligence in program administration, with thoroughness and research-based expertise in the production of resources, and with fiscal accountability, realizing that ACSI ultimately belongs to God and we ultimately answer to Him for all we do with that which He has entrusted to our care.
Diverse Worldwide Constituency
Be authentically international in structure and practice, promoting international, national, and regional organizational leadership for the mutual benefit of all member schools; develop programs, resources, and services with all constituents in mind, utilizing insights learned from colleagues from around the world and evidencing the high value we place on gender, ethnic, age, and cultural differences.
Staff and Their Growth
Establish personnel resource and organizational policies and practices that encourage equitable and competitive wages, support for continuing professional growth, and commitment to collaborative goal setting, accountability, and consistent implementation of evaluation systems.
Influence public policy and public perception that have an impact on Christian schools and the rights of Christian educators everywhere, seek appropriate representation to protect the rights of parents to be free to choose the educational program that in their view best meets the educational and spiritual needs of their children, and work in collaboration with families, churches, governments, and other leaders and organizations to promote school compliance with all applicable laws and to promote the ability of private individuals or groups to establish and support Christian schools without restriction or reservation.
ACSI Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, Hebrews 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19, John 5:24; Romans 3:23; Romans 5:8–9; Ephesians 2:8–10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto resurrection of life, and the lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28–29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12–13, Galatians 3:26–28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19–20, Romans 8:13–14, Ephesians 4:30, Ephesians 5:18).
- We believe that the term marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18–25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7:2–5; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that God’s command is that there be no sexual intimacy outside of or apart from marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that God wonderfully foreordained and immutably created each person as either male or female in conformity with their biological sex. These two distinct yet complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26–27).
Our Statement of Faith is not exhaustive of all of our beliefs. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, speaks with absolute authority regarding the proper conduct of mankind and is the unchanging foundation for all belief and behavior. The ACSI Board of Directors holds final interpretive authority on biblical meaning and application with regard to faith, doctrine, policy, practice, and discipline.
ACSI Launches New, Strategic Student Leadership and Learning Opportunities
Colorado Springs, CO– The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) is reaching new heights in its Student Leadership and Learning opportunities. By expanding event options and realigning existing ones, the organization is ensuring each equips students around the world with valuable skills such as creative thinking, problem solving, leadership, and service. Each opportunity is crafted with the goal of allowing students to explore and develop their God-given gifts and talents.
Emily Pigott, ACSI’s new Director of Student Leadership and Learning, believes it’s imperative to raise up strong student leaders who are both skilled and motivated to positively impact their communities for Jesus. By providing access to immersive events and experiences, students discover their strengths and learn how to use them to bring about cultural change in the world.
“It’s not just discovering how to be a leader,” Pigott shared. “It’s discovering how to use the gifts and talents God has given you to impact this world.”
ACSI President & CEO Dr. Larry Taylor looks forward to Pigott’s leadership in implementing strategic departmental changes.
“I’m extremely excited to welcome Emily Pigott as our new Student Leadership and Learning Director,” he shared. “We will be moving forward with a strong emphasis on student service and Christ-honoring leadership. I’m looking forward to seeing the fruit that I’m sure will come from these advancements.”
The Student Leadership and Learning Department plans to add new events to its selection, including a Worship Band Festival, Student Leadership Summits, and a Venture: Startup Innovation Challenge.
“This generation is so creative,” Pigott remarked. “We want to give them the tools and opportunities they need to channel that creativity and refine their God-given skills. The Venture Startup Innovation Challenge is one way for students to create something from nothing, explain what it is, think through the business model, how to present it, how to market, how to strategize, and see it come to fruition.”
About 700 schools representing 40,000 students currently participate in ACSI Student Leadership and Learning events.
Events include Performing and Fine Arts Festivals, STEM experiences, Speech & Debate competitions, Student Leadership & Apologetics conferences, High School Leadership Conference/Summits, and more.
“Our ultimate goal is for students to develop impactful leadership skills as they utilize their gifts and talents to change the landscape of this world for Jesus,” Pigott said. “We believe in 5 years, after we have structured all of our events to have a strong emphasis on student leadership development, we will be seeing the true, positive impacts on our culture.”
Foothills Christian High School, a prior participant at an ACSI High School Leadership Conference, shared how meaningful the time spent together was for their students.
“This conference has been life-changing for our students,” school leadership shared. “They returned to school ready to share the meanings and purposes they discovered at the conference and more willing to take those hard leadership roles. Many students had breakthroughs in their personal walks thanks to the engaging, inspiring speakers.”
The 8-person Student Leadership and Learning team continues to serve ACSI member schools across the U.S. and internationally. More information about student events can be found on the website.
Headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, ACSI exists to strengthen Christian schools and equip Christian educators worldwide as they prepare students academically and inspire them to become devoted followers of Jesus Christ. ACSI advances excellence in Christian schools by enhancing the professional and personal development of Christian educators and providing vital support functions for Christian schools through multiple services including teacher and administrator certification, school accreditation, legal/legislative assistance, and curriculum publishing. Serving more than 25,000 schools in 108 countries, ACSI helps more than 5.5 million students worldwide connect to Christian education.